Re: Powerquest Drive Image 7 kills Kodak easyshare 3.2.1.2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I also have that problem, XP Home & Kodak DX3500. Drive Image 7
    installs an automatic service called V2i Protector. I tried using the
    camera with it disable and no luck. The Kodak service is Dcfssvc, with
    Drive Image 7 installed they do not co-exist. I let you know if I find
    a workaround.

    Mike, Oct 6, 2003

  2. I'll report this to the engineering team, we've never seen this before.

    The DCFSSVC is what Microsoft calls an "installable file system" driver that
    abstracts the PTP camera that Kodak makes into something that is browsable
    through the explorer. I'll bet that DriveImage also does something similar
    and they interfere with each other.

    William Jackson, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Mike

    Try installing the latest version of EasyShare as we have made some changes
    in the camera connection portion to eliminate conflicts with other products
    in that area. The engineering team is off getting a copy of DriveImage to
    do some testing to see what happens, but suggests back that you are running
    an older version of the CCS (Camera Connection Software) portion of
    EasyShare and that the latest version may eliminate the conflict.

    The latest can be downloaded from

    http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

    Or, if you have the update service turned on, the update to 3.2.2 will be
    delivered to you some time in the next 21 days.

    William Jackson, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I appreciate someone from Kodak taking the time to read this group, I
    will remember this when shopping for products that you make. I also
    feel this is a powerquest issue to resolve. I installed the latest
    version of easyshar and still the same problem. Normally in windows
    explore the camera gets a Drive letter and the name Kodak DX3500.
    After installing Drive Image 7 it gets the same drive letter but the
    name local disk. Whine you click it G:\ is not accessible Incorrect
    function pop ups.

    Mike

    Mike, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Mike

    David Guest

    I am the original author of this thread and can attest that the latest version of the Easyshare camera connection software does not resolve the issue. Driveimage 7 appears to install an ASPI wedge from Gear Software into all hard drives listed in the registry (even if they are not really hard drives) and the Kodak software chokes on this. I also personally think it is a Powerquest/Gear problem.

    Dave

    David, Oct 9, 2003