Re: power supply questions

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mike Easter, May 16, 2011.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Fredd Wright wrote:
    > I have a Gateway GT5014 media center PC

    Gateway support names this 300W PS part for that machine.

    http://support.gateway.com/s/POWER/102544/102544sp3.shtml

    Search on that partno shows such as this example ATX PS place

    http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/300-watt-power-supply-bestec-atx-300-12eb3.php

    That place sez this and provides a link

    "Common replacement power supply for a number of Gateway computers. See
    chart below. -- Looking to upgrade? Try this power supply <link>. It's
    630 watts and provides needed power when upgrading video cards or adding
    devices to your computer."

    http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/630-watt-power-supply.php 630 Watt ATX
    Power Supply

    Personally I like to buy my spare PS/s when they are on sale at Fry's
    instead of when I 'need' one.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 16, 2011