    GB on my program partition of my harddrive. This problem seemed to start
    after an update of Windows Media Player..but this could be just a
    coincidence. Any help would be appreciated.
    Tass, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Tass

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:21:36 GMT, "Tass" <> wrote:

    > I'm re-posting because I still have the same problem. I recently
    >downloaded a 60 day trial of the Microsoft Office Standard
    > Edition 2003. I start to install and keep getting the error message
    > "Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk
    > space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file". I have deleting all
    >my temporary files and have re-downloaded it and still can't get past this
    > point. I tried the Windows help files but can't seem to find the problem.
    > I have Windows XP, Norton Antivirus, Zone Alarm and I use Ad-Aware,
    >CWShredder, Spybot, EasyCleaner and Spyware Blaster and still have 38
    >GB on my program partition of my harddrive. This problem seemed to start
    >after an update of Windows Media Player..but this could be just a
    >coincidence. Any help would be appreciated.

    Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Performance, click Settings, Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Virtual Memory, click Change.
    Click No paging file. Click OK, OK, OK.
    Restart your computer.

    Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Performance, click Settings, Click the Advanced tab.
    Under Virtual Memory, click Change.
    Click System managed sized. Click OK, OK, OK.
    Restart your computer.

    That will eliminate the pagefile (swap) as the source of the problem.
    Unk, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Tass

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:21:36 GMT, Tass wrote:

    > I'm re-posting because I still have the same problem. I recently
    >downloaded a 60 day trial of the Microsoft Office Standard

    Why? Sounds like you should use the existing thread.

    > Edition 2003. I start to install and keep getting the error message
    > "Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Tass

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That's NORMAL, don't listen to the trolls who are trying to convince you
    that you have a problem.

    --
    I went to San Francisco and all I got was this lousy virus.

    pcbutts1, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Tass

    Tass Guest

    Thanks so much for the help. I went to both of the websites listed below.
    But I was curious if my posting was improper somehow after reading how to
    correctly post. Thanks again.

    Tass, Aug 12, 2005
  6. Tass

    Noel Paton Guest

    (top-posted to keep the sense)

    Don't worry about my signature line - it's not personal!! - over 5000
    posters have received the same message in the past few years.

    My ISP is woefully bad at retaining posts ( about 4 days is all I can reckon
    on here), and I can't vet every post to seen whether it complies with 'good
    practice'(by whoever's definition - ,mine is that I can make some sense out
    of it!) .... If I can make sense of it - and can possibly help - then I'll
    respond with my standard signature.

    from what I can see of your post in this thread (your previous one is not
    visible - although I could search for it, and probably find it), it's a
    pretty good statement of the problem, and sufficient for a reasonable
    response.

    My comment WRT NAV may seem flippant - but, believe me that it's a response
    based on years of experience in Windows ME...... - NAV (or anything else
    Symantec) and Win ME are death to each other.
    Your more critical need is for a working OS - you can use (almost) any other
    AV and get as good if not better results than with NAV, without the risks
    associated.

    Noel Paton, Aug 12, 2005