Re-post -- EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in Switzerland

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Aug 24, 2007.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    <alt.comp.hardware snipped & rec.audio.opinion added>

    Hi:

    EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in
    Switzerland. Where can I find technical information about the EDT/
    EDTN? Also, I would like to hear some tones resulting from the remote
    EDTs/EDTNs located in Switzerland. I live in USA, so if I dial an EDT/
    EDTN number to Switzerland, I will hear both the EDT/EDTN tones as
    well as the tones resulting from negotiations among international
    telephone exchanges. Those textphone and international exchange tones
    give me an eerie feeling which I enjoy. I get a feeling of pleasant
    fear. Its give me a psychedelic sensation. I like it. The tones are
    scary yet fun -- much like virtual reality, a roller-coaster, or a
    trip to outer space!

    If I could find accurate recording of those tones [tones from remote
    Swiss EDTs/EDTNs and international exchange negotiations] on a website
    in Wave format and at least 44.1 kHz sample rate and 16-bit, then I
    would just download those tones and listen. Unfortunately, no internet
    site has recordings of those tones.

    Also, what does ETDN stand for?

    Thanks,

    Radium
    Radium, Aug 24, 2007

  2. Radium

    Sister Mary Guest

    "Radium" <> wrote in message
    snip>

    > EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in
    > Switzerland. Where can I find technical information about the EDT/
    > EDTN? Also, I would like to hear some tones resulting from the remote
    > EDTs/EDTNs located in Switzerland. I live in USA, so if I dial an EDT/
    > EDTN number to Switzerland, I will hear both the EDT/EDTN tones as
    > well as the tones resulting from negotiations among international
    > telephone exchanges. Those textphone and international exchange tones
    > give me an eerie feeling which I enjoy. I get a feeling of pleasant
    > fear. Its give me a psychedelic sensation. I like it. The tones are
    > scary yet fun -- much like virtual reality, a roller-coaster, or a
    > trip to outer space!

    Phones for the deaf and you dial Switzerland just so you can masterbate
    listening to tones. You're a fucking nutter and you are as dopey as the
    poster
    888 in your 24hr group.

    > Also, what does ETDN stand for?

    It stands for European Deaf Telephone Network or is that too tricky for you.
    Do you really think Deaf people make voice phonecalls, It serves no purpose
    apart from for strange people as yourself who imagine they can hear tones
    that don't exist. I guess your next series of posts will be about you want
    convert these non-existant tones into 16bit mono MP3's.
    Sister Mary, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Radium

    Radium Guest

    On Aug 24, 1:31 pm, "Sister Mary" <> wrote:

    > "Radium" <> wrote in message

    > > EDT [European Deaf Telephone] and EDTN are the TDD protocols used in
    > > Switzerland. Where can I find technical information about the EDT/
    > > EDTN? Also, I would like to hear some tones resulting from the remote
    > > EDTs/EDTNs located in Switzerland. I live in USA, so if I dial an EDT/
    > > EDTN number to Switzerland, I will hear both the EDT/EDTN tones as
    > > well as the tones resulting from negotiations among international
    > > telephone exchanges. Those textphone and international exchange tones
    > > give me an eerie feeling which I enjoy. I get a feeling of pleasant
    > > fear. Its give me a psychedelic sensation. I like it. The tones are
    > > scary yet fun -- much like virtual reality, a roller-coaster, or a
    > > trip to outer space!

    > Phones for the deaf and you dial Switzerland just so you can masterbate
    > listening to tones.

    Why does everyone assume that this enjoyment of mine is sexual? Sure
    it maybe weird but it's anything other than sexual. It has no relation
    to eroticism or romance.

    FYI, there are non-sexual psychological pleasures -- this is one of
    them. Certain things that are scary can also be enjoyable. Why else
    would we visit outer space, land on the moon, or explore volcanoes?
    Why else would roller-coasters or terrifying movies be on demand?

    Ever watch the movie "White Noise" or the Bourne films? These two
    movies are examples of frightening yet enjoyable forms of non-sexual
    entertainment.

    > > Also, what does ETDN stand for?

    > It stands for European Deaf Telephone Network

    > Do you really think Deaf people make voice phonecalls, It serves no purpose
    > apart from for strange people as yourself who imagine they can hear tones
    > that don't exist.

    Those tones most definitely do exist. What makes you think they don't?
    How else would EDTN work?

    > I guess your next series of posts will be about you want
    > convert these non-existant tones into 16bit mono MP3's.

    More like can these EDTN signals be used as a form of dial-up internet
    access? Obviously it won't be much faster than any other dial-up --
    most likely a max of 56 kbps. The sounds would be different from
    currently-used dial-up modems, though. This is because EDTN uses
    different types of signaling than most 56K dial-up modems.
    Radium, Aug 25, 2007