Re:Post about the post sent earlier about blooming NTL and their number change with gearbox......Hel

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ziggy, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. ziggy

    ziggy Guest

    Went to get my email and nada.....I was online so sparked up the
    browser and lo and behold:
    Quote:
    Dear customer, You will have seen from a recent e-mail we have sent
    you that we are upgrading the ntl:freedom service.

    As a part of a capacity upgrade to improve the level of service we
    offer, the dial up number to access the ntl:freedom service is
    changing. We are moving from an 0800 number to a new 0808 9909877
    number as the 0800 access is no longer viable.

    For this reason you will have to make some changes to your PC.

    We have determined from your connection that you will need to
    download some new software in order to connect to the internet from
    now on. This process should only take a couple of minutes to complete
    and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We have endeavored to
    make this upgrade as quick and easy as possible and we encourage all
    of our customers to use the new number as all other numbers will be
    unusable following further phases of our re-engineering programme.

    Your existing account details will be unaffected.

    You will need to complete the following short process in order to
    reconnect to the Internet.

    Please click on the 'Continue' button below to start the download
    process.

    Unquote

    I haven't downloaded anything, I just put the number in the settings
    and voila........I shouldn't have a problem should I?

    ziggy
    ziggy, Oct 17, 2003

  2. ziggy wrote:

    > I haven't downloaded anything, I just put the number in the settings
    > and voila........I shouldn't have a problem should I?
    >
    > ziggy

    Should't do - nanny ISPs!
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 17, 2003

  3. ziggy

    ziggy Guest

    "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in news:bmoded$obmmj
    $-berlin.de:

    > ziggy wrote:
    >>
    >> I haven't downloaded anything, I just put the number in the

    settings
    >> and voila........I shouldn't have a problem should I?
    >>
    >> ziggy

    > Should't do - nanny ISPs!

    Hope not, and immense phone bill is just what I need! Such a liberty
    eh? I mean, I've had no probs so why change anything!

    ziggy
    ziggy, Oct 17, 2003
  4. ziggy wrote:
    > "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in news:bmoded$obmmj
    > $-berlin.de:
    >
    >> ziggy wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I haven't downloaded anything, I just put the number in the settings
    >>> and voila........I shouldn't have a problem should I?
    >>>
    >>> ziggy

    >> Should't do - nanny ISPs!
    >>

    > Hope not, and immense phone bill is just what I need! Such a liberty
    > eh? I mean, I've had no probs so why change anything!
    >
    > ziggy

    I think there's a drive on to get ALL unmetered ISP's onto 0808 numbers - i
    don't think there are any now that offer 0800....
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 17, 2003
  5. ziggy

    > ziggy wrote:
    >> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in
    >> news:bmoded$obmmj $-berlin.de:

    >>> Should't do - nanny ISPs!
    >>>

    >> Hope not, and immense phone bill is just what I need! Such a
    >> liberty eh? I mean, I've had no probs so why change anything!
    >>
    >> ziggy

    > I think there's a drive on to get ALL unmetered ISP's onto 0808
    > numbers - i don't think there are any now that offer 0800....

    Sorry to sound dull but what's the difference between 0800 and 0808.
    My 'package' as far as I know hasn't changed so why do they need to
    do it?
    Thanks

    ziggy
    ziggy, Oct 17, 2003
  6. ziggy wrote:
    > "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in
    >
    >> ziggy wrote:
    >>> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in
    >>> news:bmoded$obmmj $-berlin.de:

    >>> Hope not, and immense phone bill is just what I need! Such a
    >>> liberty eh? I mean, I've had no probs so why change anything!
    >>>
    >>> ziggy

    >> I think there's a drive on to get ALL unmetered ISP's onto 0808
    >> numbers - i don't think there are any now that offer 0800....

    > Sorry to sound dull but what's the difference between 0800 and 0808.
    > My 'package' as far as I know hasn't changed so why do they need to
    > do it?
    > Thanks
    >
    > ziggy

    I don't know - I think this is BT monkeying around again.

    Like when they introduced the "1" after the "0" a couple of years ago, to,
    in their words, create a lot of new numbers. I showed them mathematically
    that what they had done had in fact NOT created any new numbers AT ALL, just
    cost companies a lot of money to alter their stationery yet again....
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 17, 2003
  7. ziggy

    > ziggy wrote:
    >> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in

    >>> I think there's a drive on to get ALL unmetered ISP's onto 0808
    >>> numbers - i don't think there are any now that offer 0800....

    >> Sorry to sound dull but what's the difference between 0800 and
    >> 0808. My 'package' as far as I know hasn't changed so why do they
    >> need to do it?
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> ziggy

    > I don't know - I think this is BT monkeying around again.
    >
    > Like when they introduced the "1" after the "0" a couple of years
    > ago, to, in their words, create a lot of new numbers. I showed
    > them mathematically that what they had done had in fact NOT
    > created any new numbers AT ALL, just cost companies a lot of money
    > to alter their stationery yet again....

    Great eh? 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' should be the rule.

    Thanks

    ziggy
    ziggy, Oct 17, 2003
  8. ziggy

    Petit Alexi Guest

    > I don't know - I think this is BT monkeying around again.

    The number changes are nothing to do with BT, but are the responsibility of
    OFTEL.

    > Like when they introduced the "1" after the "0" a couple of years ago,
    > to, in their words, create a lot of new numbers. I showed them
    > mathematically that what they had done had in fact NOT created any new
    > numbers AT ALL,

    retard.
    Petit Alexi, Oct 17, 2003

    **** off monky features.
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 17, 2003
  10. ziggy wrote:
    > "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in
    >
    >> ziggy wrote:
    >>> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in

    >>> Sorry to sound dull but what's the difference between 0800 and
    >>> 0808. My 'package' as far as I know hasn't changed so why do they
    >>> need to do it?
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> ziggy

    >> I don't know - I think this is BT monkeying around again.
    >>
    >> Like when they introduced the "1" after the "0" a couple of years
    >> ago, to, in their words, create a lot of new numbers. I showed
    >> them mathematically that what they had done had in fact NOT
    >> created any new numbers AT ALL, just cost companies a lot of money
    >> to alter their stationery yet again....

    > Great eh? 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' should be the rule.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > ziggy

    Quite agree!
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 17, 2003
  11. ziggy

    Patrick Guest

    Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
    > Petit Alexi wrote:
    >> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I don't know - I think this is BT monkeying around again.

    >> The number changes are nothing to do with BT, but are the
    >> responsibility of OFTEL.
    >>
    >>> Like when they introduced the "1" after the "0" a couple of years
    >>> ago, to, in their words, create a lot of new numbers. I showed them
    >>> mathematically that what they had done had in fact NOT created any
    >>> new numbers AT ALL,

    >> retard.

    > **** off monky features.

    He does look rather like a Monk, dosen't he ?
    Patrick, Oct 17, 2003
  12. Patrick wrote:
    > Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
    >> Petit Alexi wrote:
    >>> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in

    >>> The number changes are nothing to do with BT, but are the
    >>> responsibility of OFTEL.

    >>> retard.

    >> **** off monky features.

    > He does look rather like a Monk, dosen't he ?

    Dunno, I was just making a guess based on the standard of answer.
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 17, 2003
  13. TRADESMAN wrote:
    > Patrick wrote:
    >> Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

    >>> **** off monky features.

    >> He does look rather like a Monk, dosen't he ?

    > Nah.. he's just a fuckwit that gets pissed and hurls insults.
    > PS
    > Don't tell Gordon but taking an "E" can make all the difference

    Bloody spell checkers......
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 17, 2003
  14. ziggy

    TRADESMAN Guest

    TRADESMAN, Oct 17, 2003
  15. ziggy

    TRADESMAN Guest

    ziggy wrote:
    > "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in
    >
    >> ziggy wrote:
    >>> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in

    >>> Sorry to sound dull but what's the difference between 0800 and
    >>> 0808. My 'package' as far as I know hasn't changed so why do they
    >>> need to do it?
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> ziggy

    >> I don't know - I think this is BT monkeying around again.
    >>
    >> Like when they introduced the "1" after the "0" a couple of years
    >> ago, to, in their words, create a lot of new numbers. I showed
    >> them mathematically that what they had done had in fact NOT
    >> created any new numbers AT ALL, just cost companies a lot of money
    >> to alter their stationery yet again....

    > Great eh? 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' should be the rule.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > ziggy

    Boy ziggy, don't know how you do it but you sure do get the ball rolling!
    TRADESMAN, Oct 17, 2003
  16. ziggy

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
    > TRADESMAN wrote:
    >> Patrick wrote:

    >>> He does look rather like a Monk, dosen't he ?

    >> Nah.. he's just a fuckwit that gets pissed and hurls insults.
    >> PS
    >> Don't tell Gordon but taking an "E" can make all the difference

    > Bloody spell checkers......

    ;-)
    TRADESMAN, Oct 17, 2003
  17. ziggy

    TRADESMAN Guest

    TRADESMAN wrote:
    > Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
    >> TRADESMAN wrote:

    >>> Nah.. he's just a fuckwit that gets pissed and hurls insults.
    >>> PS
    >>> Don't tell Gordon but taking an "E" can make all the difference

    >> Bloody spell checkers......

    > ;-)

    Just did a spellcheck and monky is approved. Could it really mean to
    resemble or act like a Monk?
    TRADESMAN, Oct 17, 2003
  18. ziggy

    Patrick Guest

    TRADESMAN wrote:
    > TRADESMAN wrote:
    >> Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

    >>> Bloody spell checkers......

    >> ;-)

    > Just did a spellcheck and monky is approved. Could it really mean to
    > resemble or act like a Monk?

    Monk the monkey, monkeyed the Monk ! :)
    Patrick, Oct 17, 2003
  19. ziggy

    trout Guest

    TRADESMAN wrote:
    <snip>

    > Just did a spellcheck and monky is approved. Could it really mean to
    > resemble or act like a Monk?

    No, that would be 'monkish'.
    --
    "And your spell-checker ought to be slapped."
    trout, Oct 17, 2003
  20. ziggy

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in news:bmous2$p0pkn$1@ID-
    108938.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Patrick wrote:
    >> Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

    >>> **** off monky features.

    >> He does look rather like a Monk, dosen't he ?

    > Dunno, I was just making a guess based on the standard of answer.

    But you can not deny that the number change was OFTEL, not BT, and that the
    change has created very many more new numbers thus showing that your
    mathematical proof is nonsense.

    Go on, show me this maths.
    Petit Alexi, Oct 17, 2003