Re: Possible motherboard issue

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sandy58, Mar 3, 2009.

  1. sandy58

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 3, 2:46 am, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    >     Need some help in troubleshooting an issue for my uncle. He has a 2 1/2 year old Gigabyte AMD motherboard with a 3200 Athlon 64 processor.
    > Recently he has been having issues with programs crashing in Windows as well as an issue with when he moves his mouse, the video goes crazy until he
    > stops. Other times everything will be ok. What we have done so far was re-image his machine with a snapshot I took when I built his machine back in
    > 2006. We also checked for any bad HD sectors with HD Tune and ran a memory test with memtest. The checks passed and no bad sectors were detected. He
    > said that he did notice an issue with a USRprbd driver recently. He called Gigabyte and they immediately blamed the issue on the O/S and old him to
    > reinstall it.  I'm thinking either the IDE controller is failing or something is wrong with the MB. What do you all think?
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Nick


    Buy/borrow another graphics card & try that. Good luck.
     
    sandy58, Mar 3, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. sandy58

    El.Plates Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >
    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > On Mar 3, 2:46 am, wrote:
    >
    > The googlegrouper posted this as a solution.
    >
    >> Buy/borrow another graphics card & try that. Good luck.

    >
    > You give no reason for suspecting the graphics card, just posted
    > a truly dumb suggestion.
    > If, and it's a big IF, if it were the graphics card would not updating
    > the drivers be the first step?
    >

    Hi sandy58 ..... you googlegrouper you :)
     
    El.Plates, Mar 3, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. sandy58

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 3, 10:51 am, "Tony" <> wrote:
    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...
    > On Mar 3, 2:46 am, wrote:
    >
    > The googlegrouper posted this as a solution.
    >
    > > Buy/borrow another graphics card & try that. Good luck.

    >
    > You give no reason for suspecting the graphics card, just posted
    > a truly dumb suggestion.
    > If, and it's a big IF, if it were the graphics card would not updating
    > the drivers be the first step?


    Did I mention updating Graphics Card drivers? Read the OP, arsehole
    before you open your great cake-hole and fart. Shit-for-brains. And
    YOUR contribution, fuckwit? I don't SEE one.
     
    sandy58, Mar 3, 2009
    #3
  4. sandy58

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 3, 12:07 pm, "El.Plates" <> wrote:
    > "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:D...
    >
    > > "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > >news:...
    > > On Mar 3, 2:46 am, wrote:

    >
    > > The googlegrouper posted this as a solution.

    >
    > >> Buy/borrow another graphics card & try that. Good luck.

    >
    > > You give no reason for suspecting the graphics card, just posted
    > > a truly dumb suggestion.
    > > If, and it's a big IF, if it were the graphics card would not updating
    > > the drivers be the first step?

    >
    > Hi sandy58  ..... you googlegrouper you :)


    Hi, El.Plates. I YAM A "googlegrouper" I YAM. Yippee!!! :)
    Glad to know that, buddy.
     
    sandy58, Mar 3, 2009
    #4
  5. sandy58

    chuckcar Guest

    sandy58 <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Mar 3, 10:51 am, "Tony" <> wrote:
    >> "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:...
    >> On Mar 3, 2:46 am, wrote:
    >>
    >> The googlegrouper posted this as a solution.
    >>
    >> > Buy/borrow another graphics card & try that. Good luck.

    >>
    >> You give no reason for suspecting the graphics card, just posted
    >> a truly dumb suggestion.
    >> If, and it's a big IF, if it were the graphics card would not updating
    >> the drivers be the first step?

    >
    > Did I mention updating Graphics Card drivers? Read the OP, arsehole
    > before you open your great cake-hole and fart. Shit-for-brains. And
    > YOUR contribution, fuckwit? I don't SEE one.
    >

    Just KF the twit - he serves no useful purpose - either here or anywhere
    else on usenet. Think of the word "deli".


    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
     
    chuckcar, Mar 3, 2009
    #5
  6. sandy58

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:57:57 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Just KF the twit - he serves no useful purpose - either here or anywhere
    >else on usenet.


    Pot, kettle.
    --
    To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
     
    Evan Platt, Mar 7, 2009
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Pete Holland Jr.

    Having Problems, Possible Motherboard Trouble. Please Help

    Pete Holland Jr., Dec 11, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    2,229
    Scrote
    Dec 11, 2003
  2. sub
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    2,671
    SteveM
    Jun 26, 2006
  3. Mike Easter

    Re: Possible motherboard issue

    Mike Easter, Mar 3, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    502
    MELBIN MATHEW
    Mar 3, 2009
  4. Centre Parting

    Re: Possible motherboard issue

    Centre Parting, Mar 3, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    527
    Centre Parting
    Mar 3, 2009
  5. VanguardLH

    Re: Possible motherboard issue

    VanguardLH, Mar 3, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    665
    VanguardLH
    Mar 3, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page