Re: Porting number to Sipgate

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by allegoricus, Jul 21, 2013.

  1. allegoricus

    allegoricus Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:12:43 +0100, Michael Chare
    <mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:

    >I see that I can't port a BT number to an ordinary Sipgate account.
    >
    >Is this a recent change or has it never been possible? Has anyone
    >managed to do it anyway?

    I attempted to port my residential BT number to Sipgate a couple of
    weeks ago and was told it couldn't be done to a free account.

    --
    Peter
    allegoricus, Jul 21, 2013

  2. allegoricus

    Graham. Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:26:32 +0100, Michael Chare
    <mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:

    >On 21/07/2013 08:00, allegoricus wrote:
    >> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:12:43 +0100, Michael Chare
    >> <mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I see that I can't port a BT number to an ordinary Sipgate account.
    >>>
    >>> Is this a recent change or has it never been possible? Has anyone
    >>> managed to do it anyway?

    >> I attempted to port my residential BT number to Sipgate a couple of
    >> weeks ago and was told it couldn't be done to a free account.
    >>

    >Did you manage to find out why they have stopped doing this? Their
    >chargeable Team accounts are much more expensive.

    I would suggest you and Peter consider porting to

    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Porting_Numbers.php

    while you still have the chance.

    I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
    going to use them for outgoing calls.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 21, 2013

  3. Graham. <> wrote:
    > I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
    > going to use them for outgoing calls.

    That they charge £2/month?

    There's also AAISP who are £1.20/month and similar call rates, though they
    have a somewhat hardline position on NAT. I think they may grudgingly be
    accepting that those of us not living in their purist IPv6 world do have to
    deal with NAT, but it sounds like they're still kicking and streaming,

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Jul 21, 2013
  4. allegoricus

    allegoricus Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:26:32 +0100, Michael Chare
    <mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:

    >On 21/07/2013 08:00, allegoricus wrote:
    >> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:12:43 +0100, Michael Chare
    >> <mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I see that I can't port a BT number to an ordinary Sipgate account.
    >>>
    >>> Is this a recent change or has it never been possible? Has anyone
    >>> managed to do it anyway?

    >> I attempted to port my residential BT number to Sipgate a couple of
    >> weeks ago and was told it couldn't be done to a free account.
    >>

    >Did you manage to find out why they have stopped doing this? Their
    >chargeable Team accounts are much more expensive.

    No, sorry. Being on the brink of a house move there wasn't time to
    either question it or investigate alternatives. I simply let the
    number go.

    --
    Peter
    allegoricus, Jul 22, 2013
  5. allegoricus

    Graham. Guest

    On 21 Jul 2013 17:37:06 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
    <> wrote:

    >Graham. <> wrote:
    >> I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
    >> going to use them for outgoing calls.

    >That they charge £2/month?

    I wasn't aware of it until now.
    The page I quoted doesn't mention it.

    It is mentioned here
    https://www.voipfone.co.uk/account.php#manual-section-104
    but you have to be logged on to an account.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 22, 2013
  6. allegoricus

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, Graham.
    <> scribeth thus
    >On 21 Jul 2013 17:37:06 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Graham. <> wrote:
    >>> I can't see any disadvantages over Sipgate, especially if you aren't
    >>> going to use them for outgoing calls.

    >>That they charge £2/month?

    >I wasn't aware of it until now.
    >The page I quoted doesn't mention it.
    >
    >It is mentioned here
    >https://www.voipfone.co.uk/account.php#manual-section-104
    >but you have to be logged on to an account.

    Yes they charge 2 quid a month for a ported line their 056 offering is
    free of charge and you get one anyway but they do cost a few pence more
    to call..

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Jul 22, 2013