Re: Portable DVD Players...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jobe1022, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. Jobe1022

    Jobe1022 Guest

    Has any one tried inserting a Picture Disc into the DVD Player. It Will
    Read the FIlre Structure and let u explore the CD. It will also let you
    View the pictures and rotate them. It also Read some Video Formats.
    Though Im not to sure Which ones it will Read ad WHich it wont. My
    Guess is Mpeg 2 and maybe Mpeg 1. If anyone has any Info on this please
    feel free to jump in
    Video Flyer wrote:
    > On 3/11/04 8:56 AM, in article
    > s6%3c.196219$, "Adrian S. Kuiper"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Any suggestions? What I'd like is good quality at a
    > > low price.
    > >
    > > Thanks...
    > > Adrian
    > >

    > Oh, hey, don't we all! I'd like a rock-solid, region-free machine

    with a 10"
    > screen for $150, please! :)
    >
    > I can't speak to anything more than the one I purchased about 8

    months ago -
    > the Initial IDM-1731. I was initially hesitant (yuk yuk) to plunk

    down my
    > money on it as I'd never heard of the brand but in my research I

    found that
    > I couldn't get a name-brand (like the Toshiba I had my eye on or the
    > at-the-time high-end Samsung that had, to my eye, the best picture)

    for
    > anywhere near the price of an entry-level Initial or Mintek or Apex.

    I would
    > have had to toss in another $200, easily. I ended up going with the

    Initial
    > for that reason alone and left my toddler's college fund to gather

    interest
    > undisturbed.
    >
    > Although I was nervous about it in the beginning (and therefore

    played it a
    > LOT during the first couple of months in an attempt to uncover any

    problems
    > before the warranty period was over), I have to say that it hasn't

    caused me
    > any problems at all. With the exception of one lone dead pixel that

    most of
    > the time won't get noticed unless one is actively looking for it,

    I've got
    > no complaints at all thus far. It's played every format claimed. Of

    course,
    > it would be nice if there were a way to render this model region-free

    - you
    > can force it to play discs from other regions but only if you don't

    mind
    > giving up all control of the machine and the movie short of turning

    the
    > thing off cold.
    >
    > I've seen this particular model advertised lately at about $229. It's

    got a
    > 7" screen, by the by, so that's not a bad price. You takes your

    chances with
    > the no-name brands but for those of us who got one that works it's a

    good

    Jobe1022, Dec 31, 2004

  2. Jobe1022

    luminos Guest

    Sometimes. You can play. The pictures. Sometimes. Not. Therefore. It
    depends. On the player. Though. I am. not sure.

    luminos, Jan 1, 2005