Re: Popups

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. zarathustra

    zarathustra Guest

    gary moore doodled:
    > Everytime i go on to the net and open a page i get loads and loads of
    > irritating pop ups,they cause loads of probs and some times i have to
    > close my explorer and start again.I have a pop up blocker but it
    > dosn't clear everything.
    >
    > Can anyone help with a solution
    >
    > Thanks GM

    PopUp Killer (the best):
    http://software.xfx.net/ftp/puksetup1453.exe

    --
    'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
    news:: - "The people that post in yenc have a
    pickle shoved up their arse."

    '-= Hawk =-' replied in message
    news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
    (like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

    http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm
    zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003

  2. zarathustra

    TJ Robertson Guest

    > > Everytime i go on to the net and open a page i get loads and loads of
    > > irritating pop ups,they cause loads of probs and some times i have to
    > > close my explorer and start again.I have a pop up blocker but it
    > > dosn't clear everything.

    If you're on Windows, I would highly suggest CrazyBrowser (do a google for
    it). It gives you a pop up blocker and best of all TABBED BROWSING!!! (a
    must have for browsing the web)
    Tabbed browsing will be a good thing on those porn sites (what else could be
    giving you thousands of pop ups? ;)

    How can Local Communities have a VOICE? www.everylist.com

    -x- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    -x- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    -x- Access to over 700 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    -x- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    TJ Robertson, Jun 22, 2003

  3. zarathustra

    A Robustus Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 05:24:34 GMT, "zarathustra" <> wrote:

    >gary moore doodled:
    >> Everytime i go on to the net and open a page i get loads and loads of
    >> irritating pop ups,they cause loads of probs and some times i have to
    >> close my explorer and start again.I have a pop up blocker but it
    >> dosn't clear everything.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help with a solution
    >>
    >> Thanks GM

    >PopUp Killer (the best):
    >http://software.xfx.net/ftp/puksetup1453.exe

    By "my explorer" to you mean MIE? If so, use Opera & set it to block
    pop-ups. Does a nice job. I don't have any pop-up blockers on, & I
    don't get pop-ups.
    If you just go on the net & don't open MIE or any other browser, do
    you get pop-ups then? Try it. If so you may have been stuck with a
    dialer. If so you can get rid of it.
    Call me paranoid, but I often suspect that at least some of the pop-up
    "blockers" are creatures of the pop-up makers, and selectively block
    competitor pop-ups.

    A. Robustus
    I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!
    A Robustus, Jun 22, 2003