Re: Popups are STILL killing me

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Phil®, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Phil®

    Phil® Guest

    Jerry,

    How to stop Messenger SPAM:
    Disable Windows Messenger Service

    To turn off the messenger service in XP:
    http://www.auburn.edu/oit/security/messengerService.html

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?M4D454432
    Click on the Start button and open the control panel.
    Open the Performance and Maintenance control panel
    and go to Administrative Tools.
    Now double-click on Services, then scroll to Messenger.
    Double-click Messenger and click Stop to stop the service.
    Change the startup type to Disable (see an example).

    Phil®, Jul 6, 2003