Re: Poor color in Windows Media PLayer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, May 10, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 10 May 2009 12:37:35 -0400, wrote:

    >This is a question from a friend who wanted me to try and find some answers for
    >him: I've seen the color on his system when playing a video and it's very poor.
    >Reds look more like maroon. I suggested it might be his video card, but he's
    >also wondering if it could be anything else. Thanks.

    If it is only the program being used, I would believe the files may be
    corrupt. If using other programs show the colors just fine, then use
    the other programs.

    If a newer version is also doing the same thing, then it could be a
    problem in some common files. Like maybe even in the service pack
    files.

    Does he know when the problem first began? If so, try doing a restore
    beyond that date. Might not even be a bad idea to do a restore back to
    day one. When was the system last defragged? That might also cure the
    problems.

    richard, May 10, 2009

  2. richard

    VanguardLH Guest

    richard wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 May 2009 12:37:35 -0400, wrote:
    >
    >>This is a question from a friend who wanted me to try and find some answers for
    >>him: I've seen the color on his system when playing a video and it's very poor.
    >>Reds look more like maroon. I suggested it might be his video card, but he's
    >>also wondering if it could be anything else. Thanks.

    > If it is only the program being used, I would believe the files may be
    > corrupt. If using other programs show the colors just fine, then use
    > the other programs.
    >
    > If a newer version is also doing the same thing, then it could be a
    > problem in some common files. Like maybe even in the service pack
    > files.
    >
    > Does he know when the problem first began? If so, try doing a restore
    > beyond that date. Might not even be a bad idea to do a restore back to
    > day one. When was the system last defragged? That might also cure the
    > problems.

    To the OP:

    If the files were corrupt, they would not play in other video players.

    Using other video players is a workaround, not a solution.

    Restores won't go back to day one except for a recently acquired host or
    soon after a fresh Windows install. There is a maximum amount of
    storage allocated for restore points so the only go back the number of
    "days" (which are restore point events, not actual days) for which there
    is sufficient storage to roll through them.

    VanguardLH, May 10, 2009