Re: Poisoned Beauty

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Peter, Jan 14, 2009.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Alan Smithee" <> wrote in message
    > "Al Bar" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>A set of my lovely friend Christina Lowery transformed into Snow White
    >>biting a poisoned apple:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mesolimbo/sets/72157612458230806/

    > Bit over-exposed. ;-)

    If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key :)

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jan 14, 2009

  2. Peter

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:27:16 -0800, Al Bar wrote:

    >> If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key :)

    > Nice, that sounds much more fancy! =)

    And much nicer than ho_key. :) Nice pictures, thanks to you and
    (as you said) your lovely friend Christina. I'll guess that you
    both enjoyed making them.
    ASAAR, Jan 14, 2009

  3. Peter

    Vance Guest

    On Jan 13, 5:26 pm, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > "Alan Smithee" <> wrote in message

    > > "Al Bar" <> wrote in message

    > >>A set of my lovely friend Christina Lowery transformed into Snow White
    > >>biting a poisoned apple:

    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mesolimbo/sets/72157612458230806/

    > > Bit over-exposed.  ;-)

    > If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key :)
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    High key is not overexposed. Totally different things.

    Vance
    Vance, Jan 14, 2009
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >> "Alan Smithee" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Al Bar" <> wrote in message

    >>> Bit over-exposed. ;-)

    >> If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key :)

    > With an otherwise nominally exposed photo you can mix to this effect in
    > photoshop (drive the pale tones white; drive the apple to deep red).

    Had not thought of that. I imagine it can be done without creating a
    selection. My wife will hate you for suggesting this.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jan 16, 2009
  5. Peter

    > "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message

    >>> If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key :)

    >> With an otherwise nominally exposed photo you can mix to this effect in
    >> photoshop (drive the pale tones white; drive the apple to deep red).

    > We were messing around, hence the ;-)

    Sometimes messing around stimulates the creative juices.

    --
    Peter Alan just helped me through a blockage.
    Peter, Jan 16, 2009