Re: Please recommend a good free firewall alternative to Vista firewall (not Comodo)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühwØ£f, Oct 1, 2008.

  1. On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:59:25 -0700, Mike Easter aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :

    > ftran999 wrote:

    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_firewalls The following
    >>> tables compare different aspects of a number of firewalls,

    >> Thanks. However, it looks like the choices for free firewalls that
    >> support Windows 64bit is pretty slim.

    > If you are DSL comcast which is what your IP looks like, I would think you
    > would want your number one firewall to not be a PSF personal software
    > 'firewall' but a hardware NAT device between you and the dsl modem.

    Theres a built-in firewall in the modem.
    Thats the way to go. Set up routing tables too?

    §ñühwØ£f, Oct 1, 2008