Re: Please give me a moment - How Employable am I?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard], Jul 26, 2007.

  1. On Jul 26, 12:51 pm, "Egghead" <robertlo@NO_SHAW.CA> wrote:
    > Actually, M$ certs alone worth nothing. You need to have exp.
    >
    > --
    > cheers,
    > RL
    > "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in messagenews:uMw5%...
    >
    >
    >
    > > "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <NewsGroups[at[CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote in
    > > messagenews:...

    >
    > >> You're *NOT* Serious!!!

    >
    > >> You're an MVP and you're promoting Braindumps!!!

    >
    > > No - quite the reverse! I'm merely giving an example of how easily the
    > > questions and anwers for any MCP can be obtained on the Internet and,
    > > therefore, how utterly worthless MCP "certifications" are...

    >
    > > --
    > > Mark Rae
    > > ASP.NET MVP
    > >http://www.markrae.net- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    This is sad. You call yourself "valuable" to Microsoft yet you
    slander them in the same post? You might as well renounce your MVP
    status now before it's taken from you.

    --
    Taylor S. Ripley
    CertGuard Security Officer
    http://www.certguard.com
    Join the fight against Braindumps!
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/
    Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard], Jul 26, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Microsoft doesn't not revoke MVP because someone speaks their mind in
    stating the obvious with regard to the MCP Program.

    --
    ..rev

    "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..
    "Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Jul 26, 12:51 pm, "Egghead" <robertlo@NO_SHAW.CA> wrote:
    >> Actually, M$ certs alone worth nothing. You need to have exp.
    >>
    >> --
    >> cheers,
    >> RL
    >> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in
    >> messagenews:uMw5%...
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> > "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <NewsGroups[at[CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote
    >> > in
    >> > messagenews:...

    >>
    >> >> You're *NOT* Serious!!!

    >>
    >> >> You're an MVP and you're promoting Braindumps!!!

    >>
    >> > No - quite the reverse! I'm merely giving an example of how easily the
    >> > questions and anwers for any MCP can be obtained on the Internet and,
    >> > therefore, how utterly worthless MCP "certifications" are...

    >>
    >> > --
    >> > Mark Rae
    >> > ASP.NET MVP
    >> >http://www.markrae.net- Hide quoted text -

    >>
    >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > This is sad. You call yourself "valuable" to Microsoft yet you
    > slander them in the same post? You might as well renounce your MVP
    > status now before it's taken from you.
    >
    > --
    > Taylor S. Ripley
    > CertGuard Security Officer
    > http://www.certguard.com
    > Join the fight against Braindumps!
    > http://www.certguard.com/forums/
    >
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 26, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:%...

    > Microsoft doesn't not revoke MVP because someone speaks their mind


    Quite the reverse, in fact...


    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 26, 2007
    #3
  4. Hey Mark,

    I do find it funny that you've been personally attacked because you
    discredit the value of certification. And Algood has done his part it seems
    in trying to discredit you himself. I too find this funny. I think they've
    figured MVP means you got certified when in fact certifications have nothing
    to do with the MVP program. I find the whole arguement amusing. I don't
    think we've met, beacuse I didn't recognize the name, but I'm sure if we do
    at a summit eventually I will buy you a beer.

    --
    ..rev

    "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..
    "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > news:%...
    >
    >> Microsoft doesn't not revoke MVP because someone speaks their mind

    >
    > Quite the reverse, in fact...
    >
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVP
    > http://www.markrae.net
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 26, 2007
    #4
  5. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    [Cross-posting to microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp removed, as this
    thread has now drifted seriously off-topic for that newsgroup...]

    > I do find it funny that you've been personally attacked because you
    > discredit the value of certification.


    I'm used to it by now... :)

    > And Algood has done his part it seems in trying to discredit you himself.
    > I too find this funny.


    That's cool too - I have no issue with anyone doing that...

    > I think they've figured MVP means you got certified when in fact
    > certifications have nothing to do with the MVP program.


    Indeed not.

    > I find the whole arguement amusing.


    In fact, the MVP programme positively *encourages* any and all feedback
    (good and bad) on Microsoft products and services...

    > I don't think we've met, beacuse I didn't recognize the name, but I'm sure
    > if we do at a summit eventually I will buy you a beer.


    I shall look forward to it!


    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 26, 2007
    #5
  6. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Hey Mark,
    >
    > I do find it funny that you've been personally attacked because you
    > discredit the value of certification. And Algood has done his part it seems
    > in trying to discredit you himself. I too find this funny.


    Are you referring to me? If so, I have not said a word in this thread
    till now. And what have I said about Mark in any other thread?

    > I think they've
    > figured MVP means you got certified when in fact certifications have nothing
    > to do with the MVP program.


    No, I am perfectly aware of how the MVP program works.

    > I find the whole arguement amusing. I don't
    > think we've met, beacuse I didn't recognize the name, but I'm sure if we do
    > at a summit eventually I will buy you a beer.


    Are you both even over 21?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 26, 2007
    #6
  7. You asked where you said anything. Well I read the certblog after you posted
    a link at Trika's site about your email with Prometric and I read something
    else instead. So yes I know what you said about Mark. As for being over 21.
    No I'm only 12 years old. I mean come on man, is that really the question
    you want to ask me?

    --
    ..rev

    "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..
    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:%...
    > "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > news::
    >
    >> Hey Mark,
    >>
    >> I do find it funny that you've been personally attacked because you
    >> discredit the value of certification. And Algood has done his part it
    >> seems
    >> in trying to discredit you himself. I too find this funny.

    >
    > Are you referring to me? If so, I have not said a word in this thread till
    > now. And what have I said about Mark in any other thread?
    >
    >> I think they've
    >> figured MVP means you got certified when in fact certifications have
    >> nothing
    >> to do with the MVP program.

    >
    > No, I am perfectly aware of how the MVP program works.
    >
    >> I find the whole arguement amusing. I don't
    >> think we've met, beacuse I didn't recognize the name, but I'm sure if we
    >> do
    >> at a summit eventually I will buy you a beer.

    >
    > Are you both even over 21?
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood,
    > MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    >
    >
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 26, 2007
    #7
  8. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:#zf$:

    > You asked where you said anything. Well I read the certblog after you posted
    > a link at Trika's site about your email with Prometric and I read something
    > else instead. So yes I know what you said about Mark. As for being over 21.
    > No I'm only 12 years old. I mean come on man, is that really the question
    > you want to ask me?
    >
    > --
    > .rev
    >

    No, what I really want to ask is do you do any research at all before
    you speak? I did not nor have not posted anything on CertBlog. The blog
    belongs to CertGuard, Inc. and I did not post anything about Mark on
    that or any other site or blog. So you are 0 for 2 now. Care to strike
    out?

    Regardless, thanks for visiting CertBlog. Have a good day.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 27, 2007
    #8
  9. Um, rev, that was ME. Pay attention boy. ;)

    #1, I never said anything about Mark having certs. I pretty much assumed
    that he didn't have any because of the way he was ragging on them so much.

    #2, I, too, know perfectly well how the MVP program works, and I know that
    there are credentials that must be met in order to attain that level. I also
    know that this MVP award is only for the duration of one year. My comment
    about the letters after his name was merely a reference to the fact that I
    hope he does not get nominated again when the time comes.

    #3, His promotion of braindumps in public microsoft newsgroups does violate
    various rules of the MVP Program and other Microsoft Terms of Use. If you
    want to buy this guy a beer for promoting braindumps, then you're not the
    ***** that I thought you were.

    #4, Nowhere did I mention his name, nor did I refer any direct links that
    would have lead anyone here to figure out who he is. The only connection
    I've made between the two is from here, in which case the reader would have
    already known who he was.

    #5, you should really take care of those typos, it makes it difficult to
    understand what you're saying.


    --
    CertGuard


    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:#zf$...
    > You asked where you said anything. Well I read the certblog after you
    > posted a link at Trika's site about your email with Prometric and I read
    > something else instead. So yes I know what you said about Mark. As for
    > being over 21. No I'm only 12 years old. I mean come on man, is that
    > really the question you want to ask me?
    >
    > --
    > .rev
    >
    > "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
    > without
    > accepting it"
    > ~Aristotle
    >
    > Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    > Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359
    >
    > Register on-line @ vue.com
    > .
    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote
    > in message news:%...
    >> "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    >> news::
    >>
    >>> Hey Mark,
    >>>
    >>> I do find it funny that you've been personally attacked because you
    >>> discredit the value of certification. And Algood has done his part it
    >>> seems
    >>> in trying to discredit you himself. I too find this funny.

    >>
    >> Are you referring to me? If so, I have not said a word in this thread
    >> till now. And what have I said about Mark in any other thread?
    >>
    >>> I think they've
    >>> figured MVP means you got certified when in fact certifications have
    >>> nothing
    >>> to do with the MVP program.

    >>
    >> No, I am perfectly aware of how the MVP program works.
    >>
    >>> I find the whole arguement amusing. I don't
    >>> think we've met, beacuse I didn't recognize the name, but I'm sure if we
    >>> do
    >>> at a summit eventually I will buy you a beer.

    >>
    >> Are you both even over 21?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael D. Alligood,
    >> MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    >> The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    >> CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    >>
    >>

    >
    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jul 27, 2007
    #9
  10. 3

    --
    ..rev

    "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..
    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:%...
    > "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > news:#zf$:
    >
    >> You asked where you said anything. Well I read the certblog after you
    >> posted
    >> a link at Trika's site about your email with Prometric and I read
    >> something
    >> else instead. So yes I know what you said about Mark. As for being over
    >> 21.
    >> No I'm only 12 years old. I mean come on man, is that really the question
    >> you want to ask me?
    >>
    >> --
    >> .rev
    >>

    > No, what I really want to ask is do you do any research at all before you
    > speak? I did not nor have not posted anything on CertBlog. The blog
    > belongs to CertGuard, Inc. and I did not post anything about Mark on that
    > or any other site or blog. So you are 0 for 2 now. Care to strike out?
    >
    > Regardless, thanks for visiting CertBlog. Have a good day.
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood,
    > MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    >
    >
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 27, 2007
    #10
  11. Ah, well I get confused it seems at times. But I think most of you missed
    Mark's point. He wasn't promoting braindumps, though you do. You may not
    mean to, but your site has the largest set of Braindump links on the planet.
    Don't press the red button right?

    --
    ..rev

    "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..
    "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    news:eQBk4g%...
    > Um, rev, that was ME. Pay attention boy. ;)
    >
    > #1, I never said anything about Mark having certs. I pretty much assumed
    > that he didn't have any because of the way he was ragging on them so much.
    >
    > #2, I, too, know perfectly well how the MVP program works, and I know that
    > there are credentials that must be met in order to attain that level. I
    > also know that this MVP award is only for the duration of one year. My
    > comment about the letters after his name was merely a reference to the
    > fact that I hope he does not get nominated again when the time comes.
    >
    > #3, His promotion of braindumps in public microsoft newsgroups does
    > violate various rules of the MVP Program and other Microsoft Terms of Use.
    > If you want to buy this guy a beer for promoting braindumps, then you're
    > not the ***** that I thought you were.
    >
    > #4, Nowhere did I mention his name, nor did I refer any direct links that
    > would have lead anyone here to figure out who he is. The only connection
    > I've made between the two is from here, in which case the reader would
    > have already known who he was.
    >
    > #5, you should really take care of those typos, it makes it difficult to
    > understand what you're saying.
    >
    >
    > --
    > CertGuard
    >
    >
    > "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > news:#zf$...
    >> You asked where you said anything. Well I read the certblog after you
    >> posted a link at Trika's site about your email with Prometric and I read
    >> something else instead. So yes I know what you said about Mark. As for
    >> being over 21. No I'm only 12 years old. I mean come on man, is that
    >> really the question you want to ask me?
    >>
    >> --
    >> .rev
    >>
    >> "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
    >> without
    >> accepting it"
    >> ~Aristotle
    >>
    >> Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    >> Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359
    >>
    >> Register on-line @ vue.com
    >> .
    >> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote
    >> in message news:%...
    >>> "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    >>> news::
    >>>
    >>>> Hey Mark,
    >>>>
    >>>> I do find it funny that you've been personally attacked because you
    >>>> discredit the value of certification. And Algood has done his part it
    >>>> seems
    >>>> in trying to discredit you himself. I too find this funny.
    >>>
    >>> Are you referring to me? If so, I have not said a word in this thread
    >>> till now. And what have I said about Mark in any other thread?
    >>>
    >>>> I think they've
    >>>> figured MVP means you got certified when in fact certifications have
    >>>> nothing
    >>>> to do with the MVP program.
    >>>
    >>> No, I am perfectly aware of how the MVP program works.
    >>>
    >>>> I find the whole arguement amusing. I don't
    >>>> think we've met, beacuse I didn't recognize the name, but I'm sure if
    >>>> we do
    >>>> at a summit eventually I will buy you a beer.
    >>>
    >>> Are you both even over 21?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Michael D. Alligood,
    >>> MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    >>> The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    >>> CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 27, 2007
    #11
  12. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:en89Av#:

    > Ah, well I get confused it seems at times. But I think most of you missed
    > Mark's point.
    >

    There you go again. How do you know "most of you" missed Mark's point.
    Did he have a point? Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not care if
    he is a MVP or not, encouraging someone to use braindumps is wrong. No
    it is not violating exam NDAs, or even against the law. It is just
    wrong. Many of these people who come to these newsgroups are seeking
    help. Promoting the use of braindumps is 1/3 of the reason
    certifications are in the position they are in.

    What bothers me the most Stephan is the fact that you are, or claim to
    be an MCT and you have encouraged (intentionally or not) Mark's
    practices. Quite frankly it makes me worry for and about your students.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 27, 2007
    #12
  13. Hmmm you're right, CertGuard DOES have the largest set of Braindump links
    AND the largest set of legitimate practice test providers. Over 750 sites
    now and still growing.

    You can find every one of them here: http://www.CertGuard.com/search.asp
    (Hope you know all of them)

    Here are a few other points that I feel I should make about the search
    feature on CertGuard:
    #1, A person has to know that the site (braindump, gunman, or legit) exists
    in order for them to type it into the textbox.
    #2, They also have to spell the site they are looking for correctly.
    Otherwise they get no results.
    #3, There is no way for anyone to extract those sites from the database.
    #4, CertGuard is operating in an educational capacity. Combined with our
    Practice Test Provider Reviews Page (http://www.certguard.com/reviews.asp),
    and our information about braindumps
    (http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp) it's pretty obvious that we're not
    promoting any such use of braindumps.
    #5, The more our search is used to find out if they are using a legitimate
    source of materials, the higher on the search engine results we get, which
    means that there are more chances of potential IT Professionals finding us
    before they find a braindump site. And that helps take the focus away from
    the actual braindump companies that are profiting from your certifications,
    and those of your students.

    Now I understand that people are going to abuse the system (that is
    inevitable), but we are taking other measures to prevent as much misuse of
    our system as possible.

    Thanks again .rev
    --
    CertGuard



    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:en89Av#...
    > Ah, well I get confused it seems at times. But I think most of you missed
    > Mark's point. He wasn't promoting braindumps, though you do. You may not
    > mean to, but your site has the largest set of Braindump links on the
    > planet. Don't press the red button right?
    >
    > --
    > .rev
    >
    > "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
    > without
    > accepting it"
    > ~Aristotle
    >
    > Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    > Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359
    >
    > Register on-line @ vue.com
    > .
    > "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    > news:eQBk4g%...
    >> Um, rev, that was ME. Pay attention boy. ;)
    >>
    >> #1, I never said anything about Mark having certs. I pretty much assumed
    >> that he didn't have any because of the way he was ragging on them so
    >> much.
    >>
    >> #2, I, too, know perfectly well how the MVP program works, and I know
    >> that there are credentials that must be met in order to attain that
    >> level. I also know that this MVP award is only for the duration of one
    >> year. My comment about the letters after his name was merely a reference
    >> to the fact that I hope he does not get nominated again when the time
    >> comes.
    >>
    >> #3, His promotion of braindumps in public microsoft newsgroups does
    >> violate various rules of the MVP Program and other Microsoft Terms of
    >> Use. If you want to buy this guy a beer for promoting braindumps, then
    >> you're not the ***** that I thought you were.
    >>
    >> #4, Nowhere did I mention his name, nor did I refer any direct links that
    >> would have lead anyone here to figure out who he is. The only connection
    >> I've made between the two is from here, in which case the reader would
    >> have already known who he was.
    >>
    >> #5, you should really take care of those typos, it makes it difficult to
    >> understand what you're saying.
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> CertGuard
    >>
    >>
    >> "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    >> news:#zf$...
    >>> You asked where you said anything. Well I read the certblog after you
    >>> posted a link at Trika's site about your email with Prometric and I read
    >>> something else instead. So yes I know what you said about Mark. As for
    >>> being over 21. No I'm only 12 years old. I mean come on man, is that
    >>> really the question you want to ask me?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> .rev
    >>>
    >>> "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
    >>> without
    >>> accepting it"
    >>> ~Aristotle
    >>>
    >>> Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    >>> Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359
    >>>
    >>> Register on-line @ vue.com
    >>> .
    >>> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote
    >>> in message news:%...
    >>>> "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news::
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hey Mark,
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I do find it funny that you've been personally attacked because you
    >>>>> discredit the value of certification. And Algood has done his part it
    >>>>> seems
    >>>>> in trying to discredit you himself. I too find this funny.
    >>>>
    >>>> Are you referring to me? If so, I have not said a word in this thread
    >>>> till now. And what have I said about Mark in any other thread?
    >>>>
    >>>>> I think they've
    >>>>> figured MVP means you got certified when in fact certifications have
    >>>>> nothing
    >>>>> to do with the MVP program.
    >>>>
    >>>> No, I am perfectly aware of how the MVP program works.
    >>>>
    >>>>> I find the whole arguement amusing. I don't
    >>>>> think we've met, beacuse I didn't recognize the name, but I'm sure if
    >>>>> we do
    >>>>> at a summit eventually I will buy you a beer.
    >>>>
    >>>> Are you both even over 21?
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Michael D. Alligood,
    >>>> MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    >>>> The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    >>>> CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>

    >
    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jul 27, 2007
    #13
  14. Worry all you want, that would be your prerogative. My "students" are fine,
    and in good hands. Not that I have to defend anything to you, but I do not
    condone the use of Brain Dumps, which is why I think, using your argument,
    the list of Brain Dumps sites on your page would also be counterproductive.
    I do however agree with the simple point Mark made that the value of
    certifications is basically crap because the exams are all too easy to pass
    with brain dumps (which, ironically is what I thought you and the rest of
    certguard said you were doing), but trust me that is not all. Take the MCTP:
    SQL exams for example, they have grammar issues in them and many of the
    questions do little to prove you know anything about SQL 2005, but rather
    that you know how to answer a Microsoft question, I know, I've taken them.

    I don't claim to be anything I'm not and my name is Stephen not Stephan. I'm
    not hiding who I am, Rev just happens to be the name most people know me by.
    I'm an MCT (and several other alphabet looking things), I also do the
    occasionally moderating over at the TechNet beta forums, when the time
    permits. I've done item creation for security based questions on some
    Windows Vista exams, and I choose this career path because I decided too,
    plain and simple. I am who I am and I don't honestly give two farts if you
    like it, me or anything else for that matter. I care about what I tell
    people, but I won't kiss anyone's butt for attention by or for anyone for
    anything. So again, worry all you want, I don't really don't care, call me
    what you want, it doesn't matter. I made a mistake when I thought you wrote
    the article, big freakin deal. I still disagree with it, I don't care if BD
    wrote it or not. I think it was an obvious jealous, petty and useless attack
    that to be honest I figured you wrote, because it seems to fit your profile.
    I guess you've rubbed off on him.

    You are right about one thing though, 12 times the amount I respect you
    would still be zero. I do not respect you, nor will I ever I imagine. I have
    little reason to get into details, so I won't. I will now let you go back to
    kissing the MS butt and while you're at it, to be sure to show everyone how
    stupid I truly am.

    Stephen Charles Rea
    aka - .rev
    aka - DJ Seven
    aka - Steve Knight

    http://www.Justafreak.com
    http://www.techesion.com
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/beta/moderators/rea.mspx
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP Windows XP Professional)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA Windows 2003 Server)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging (MCSAM Windows 2003
    Server)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security (MCSAS Windows 2003
    Server)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE Windows 2003 Server)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Messaging (MCSEM Windows 2003 Server)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security (MCSES Windows 2003 Server)
    Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST Windows XP
    Professional)
    Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA SQL Server 2000)
    Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS SQL Server 2005)
    Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS Windows Vista Configuration)
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP DBA SQL
    Server 2005)
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician (MCITP
    EST Windows Vista)
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Consumer Support Technician (MCITP CST
    Windows Vista)
    Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
    CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA A+ Certified Depot Technician
    CompTIA A+ Certified IT Technician
    CompTIA A+ Certified Remote Support Technician
    CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA Server+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA i-Net+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA e-Biz+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA Project+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional
    ETA Computer Service Technician (CST)
    ETA Certified Network Systems Technician (CNST)
    ETA Certified Web Specialist (CWS)

    ..
    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:uasgcD$...
    >
    > There you go again. How do you know "most of you" missed Mark's point. Did
    > he have a point? Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not care if he is
    > a MVP or not, encouraging someone to use braindumps is wrong. No it is not
    > violating exam NDAs, or even against the law. It is just wrong. Many of
    > these people who come to these newsgroups are seeking help. Promoting the
    > use of braindumps is 1/3 of the reason certifications are in the position
    > they are in.
    >
    > What bothers me the most Stephan is the fact that you are, or claim to be
    > an MCT and you have encouraged (intentionally or not) Mark's practices.
    > Quite frankly it makes me worry for and about your students.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood,
    > MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com>
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 27, 2007
    #14
  15. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:#SG34s$:

    > Worry all you want, that would be your prerogative. My "students" are fine,
    > and in good hands. Not that I have to defend anything to you, but I do not
    > condone the use of Brain Dumps, which is why I think, using your argument,
    > the list of Brain Dumps sites on your page would also be counterproductive.


    Are you suffering from A.D.D? That was not my argument. That was yours
    and Robs...

    > I do however agree with the simple point Mark made that the value of
    > certifications is basically crap because the exams are all too easy to pass
    > with brain dumps (which, ironically is what I thought you and the rest of
    > certguard said you were doing), but trust me that is not all.


    Huh? Of course they are going to be too easy to pass if you have the
    questions before hand. That is what we are trying to prevent.

    > Take the MCTP: SQL exams for example, they have grammar issues in them and many of the
    > questions do little to prove you know anything about SQL 2005, but rather
    > that you know how to answer a Microsoft question, I know, I've taken them.


    So what are YOU doing to help correct this? You are an MCT. You have
    connections to help remedy this. Gawd I am not an MCT and I have been
    involved in helping make changes like this.

    > I don't claim to be anything I'm not and my name is Stephen not Stephan. I'm
    > not hiding who I am, Rev just happens to be the name most people know me by.


    And my last name is Alligood, not Algood. Nice to meet you. Please be
    sure to spell it right when you misrepresent me again.

    > I'm an MCT (and several other alphabet looking things), I also do the
    > occasionally moderating over at the TechNet beta forums, when the time
    > permits. I've done item creation for security based questions on some
    > Windows Vista exams, and I choose this career path because I decided too,
    > plain and simple.


    </rant please>

    > I am who I am and I don't honestly give two farts if you
    > like it, me or anything else for that matter. I care about what I tell
    > people, but I won't kiss anyone's butt for attention by or for anyone for
    > anything. So again, worry all you want, I don't really don't care, call me
    > what you want, it doesn't matter. I made a mistake when I thought you wrote
    > the article, big freakin deal.


    See if you did it once, I would understand. But this post now makes 3
    times you have confused me with someone else's comments. Quote me all
    you want -- just make sure it is me. Misrepresentation is a big deal to
    me.

    > I still disagree with it, I don't care if BD
    > wrote it or not. I think it was an obvious jealous, petty and useless attack
    > that to be honest I figured you wrote, because it seems to fit your profile.
    > I guess you've rubbed off on him.


    Fits my profile? Again, you have me confused with someone else. There
    was nothing that Rob wrote that was jealous, petty or a "useless"
    attack. It may have been other things, but not those you listed.

    > You are right about one thing though, 12 times the amount I respect you
    > would still be zero. I do not respect you, nor will I ever I imagine. I have
    > little reason to get into details, so I won't. I will now let you go back to
    > kissing the MS butt and while you're at it, to be sure to show everyone how
    > stupid I truly am.


    My gawd, the comment was 7 times the amount of respect, not 12. I am not
    looking for your respect. Why would I? You have not shown me anything to
    demand respect. In regardless to kissing Microsoft butt, you represent
    them as well. You are Microsoft Certified. You paid the $400 like all
    other MCTs to obtain the certification (as a requirement). As far as
    your intelligence is concerned, I do not need to point that out to these
    people. They can read your posts and make that determination themselves.
    What I think about you is of no concern. It does not matter to me, or
    these people reading this post.

    >
    > Stephen Charles Rea
    > aka - .rev
    > aka - DJ Seven
    > aka - Steve Knight
    >
    > http://www.Justafreak.com
    > http://www.techesion.com
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/beta/moderators/rea.mspx
    > http://www.mcngp.com
    >
    > Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP Windows XP Professional)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging (MCSAM Windows 2003
    > Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security (MCSAS Windows 2003
    > Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Messaging (MCSEM Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security (MCSES Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST Windows XP
    > Professional)
    > Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA SQL Server 2000)
    > Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS SQL Server 2005)
    > Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS Windows Vista Configuration)
    > Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP DBA SQL
    > Server 2005)
    > Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician (MCITP
    > EST Windows Vista)
    > Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Consumer Support Technician (MCITP CST
    > Windows Vista)
    > Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
    > CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA A+ Certified Depot Technician
    > CompTIA A+ Certified IT Technician
    > CompTIA A+ Certified Remote Support Technician
    > CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA Server+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA i-Net+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA e-Biz+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA Project+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional
    > ETA Computer Service Technician (CST)
    > ETA Certified Network Systems Technician (CNST)
    > ETA Certified Web Specialist (CWS)


    Thank you for just proving my point.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 27, 2007
    #15
  16. On Jul 26, 10:06 pm, "The Rev [MCT]" <>
    wrote:

    > Worry all you want, that would be your prerogative.


    Are you sure that's not yours, because you seem to like to reply and
    worry about getting the last word in.

    > My "students" are fine, and in good hands.


    Thank god you were never my teacher.

    > I do however agree ..... that the value of certifications is basically crap.


    Only you and Mark agreed on that point. And about the "grammar"
    comment you're about to make, it is written "...the value of
    certifications ARE basically..."

    >Take the MCTP: SQL exams for example


    You took it.

    > they have grammar issues in them


    So do your posts. I made my point two quotes ago.

    > I know, I've taken them.


    Yes, your ego shows that from your signature.

    > I choose this career path because I decided too, plain and simple.
    > I am who I am and I don't honestly give two farts if you
    > like it, me or anything else for that matter.


    You must hate yourself.

    > I care about what I tell people


    Seems you care about what you put in these groups to misrepresent
    other people, but nothing about yourself.

    > but I won't kiss anyone's butt for attention by or for anyone for anything.


    Just your own. Again, see your sig.

    > So again, worry all you want


    What? Me? Worry? (c)MAD Magazine

    > I don't really don't care, call me what you want, it doesn't matter.


    Freak. Just a freak.

    > I do not respect you, nor will I ever I imagine.


    Then stop coming to our website.

    > I have little reason to get into details, so I won't. I will now let you go back to
    > kissing the MS butt and while you're at it, to be sure to show everyone how
    > stupid I truly am.


    You did that for yourself. I'm just pushing things along.

    > Stephen Charles Rea
    > aka - .rev
    > aka - DJ Seven
    > aka - Steve Knight


    aka - egotistical

    > http://www.Justafreak.comhttp://www.../beta/moderators/rea.mspxhttp://www.mcngp.com


    http://www.mentalhelp.net

    > Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP Windows XP Professional)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging (MCSAM Windows 2003
    > Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security (MCSAS Windows 2003
    > Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Messaging (MCSEM Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security (MCSES Windows 2003 Server)
    > Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST Windows XP
    > Professional)
    > Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA SQL Server 2000)
    > Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS SQL Server 2005)


    You know, the one with the grammar issues.

    > Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS Windows Vista Configuration)
    > Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP DBA SQL
    > Server 2005)
    > Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician (MCITP
    > EST Windows Vista)
    > Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Consumer Support Technician (MCITP CST
    > Windows Vista)
    > Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)


    </End faithless belief in a company he slanders.>

    > CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA A+ Certified Depot Technician
    > CompTIA A+ Certified IT Technician
    > CompTIA A+ Certified Remote Support Technician
    > CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA Server+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA i-Net+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA e-Biz+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA Project+ Certified Professional
    > CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional
    > ETA Computer Service Technician (CST)
    > ETA Certified Network Systems Technician (CNST)
    > ETA Certified Web Specialist (CWS)


    </End egotistical signature to try and flash an e-pen!$.>

    Stephen,

    Stop trying to prove whatever it is you're not successfully proving.
    You're riding the fence on this issue and any half-brained monkey can
    see that. The reply factor is bordering on "web troll" at this point
    and it's quite bothersome. I don't care who you know or what you do
    for a living. You should stop trying to think your credentials are
    backing up whatever delusion today has brought you. If you actually
    had something positive to say and showed where you actually respected
    someone other than yourself, then I might not have lost all respect in
    your opinion after reading all of this garbage you've posted.

    --
    Taylor S. Ripley
    CertGuard Security Officer
    http://www.certguard.com/
    Join the fight against Braindumps!
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/
    Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard], Jul 27, 2007
    #16
  17. T>
    You obviously didn't get the point of my signature. I don't post links and
    certs in my sig all the time I did it to prove a point, but not to you or
    algood. As for my many grammatical errors, which there are often many, when
    I'm writing in a newsgroup I don't often take the time to correct things. My
    point was for exam questions. Regardless, the sentence read; the value of
    certifications is. right? What I missed was a comma if anything because is
    and crap were something the value is, not the certifications, but I wouldn't
    want to get into something you wouldn't understand.

    M>
    I may or may not have ADD, but simply you must support the argument Rob
    states in general since you linked their blog, and in your signature you
    link the site all the time, and as for the posed question of what I do? (to
    correct the problems) I do send my feedback along with many other MCT's, I
    also review courseware as much as my schedule permits. But I will say I am
    surprised though, about one thing when it comes to you. You still think
    Microsoft is listening to you. I'm not making fun of that, I just find it
    interesting

    --
    ..rev

    "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 27, 2007
    #17
  18. Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Jul 26, 10:06 pm, "The Rev [MCT]" <>
    > wrote:
    >> I do however agree ..... that the value of certifications is basically
    >> crap.

    >
    > Only you and Mark agreed on that point. And about the "grammar"
    > comment you're about to make, it is written "...the value of
    > certifications ARE basically..."


    Certifications ARE
    The VALUE of certificationS IS
    The valueS of certification ARE

    Irregardless, there's nothing wrong with his grammar.
    Frisbee®, Jul 27, 2007
    #18
  19. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    news:OTzN#:

    > M>
    > I may or may not have ADD, but simply you must support the argument Rob
    > states in general since you linked their blog, and in your signature you
    > link the site all the time,


    What a naïve thought process. So therefore since I am affiliated with
    CertGuard, Inc. I MUST agree with each individual thoughts of those
    associated with CertGuard, Inc.? I assure you this is not the case. Both
    Rob and Taylor will 100% back me up on that! :) With that said, I
    noticed you display your MCT behind your name. Should you, as a
    certified individual of Microsoft's, agree with EVERYTHING they say as
    well? We all know you do not. And to further drive that nail into the
    coffin, I also noticed that you quote Aristotle. Do you agree with
    EVERYTHING he said, his works, and lifestyle? Think man...

    > and as for the posed question of what I do? (to
    > correct the problems) I do send my feedback along with many other MCT's, I
    > also review courseware as much as my schedule permits. But I will say I am
    > surprised though, about one thing when it comes to you. You still think
    > Microsoft is listening to you. I'm not making fun of that, I just find it
    > interesting


    I have no issues with Microsoft not listening to me. Exam security and
    certification integrity is close to my heart and I pushed MSL for months
    for a webcast. What happened? Trika, Rob Linsky and I made it happen.
    CertGuard was invited, as well as Montreal MCT. When Microsoft wanted to
    retire the MCSE NT 4 certification, what happened? Certified individuals
    were outraged and Microsoft kept the certification valid (something I do
    not agree with). With this whole Prometric issue, I see no issue in it
    at all. Give it time. Let the parties involved run their businesses.
    Then after milestones have come and gone, complain and help make a
    change. Otherwise you are just not giving anything an opportunity to
    succeed.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 27, 2007
    #19
  20. On Jul 27, 7:06 am, "Frisbee®" <> wrote:
    > "Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard]" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > > On Jul 26, 10:06 pm, "The Rev [MCT]" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> I do however agree ..... that the value of certifications is basically
    > >> crap.

    >
    > > Only you and Mark agreed on that point. And about the "grammar"
    > > comment you're about to make, it is written "...the value of
    > > certifications ARE basically..."

    >
    > Certifications ARE
    > The VALUE of certificationS IS
    > The valueS of certification ARE


    If I could give you the MOS Cert I would since it's value IS basically
    worthless.

    > Irregardless, there's nothing wrong with his grammar.


    I'm glad you found it in your heart to add "irregardless" to your
    lexicon. My day is complete.
    Taylor S. Ripley [CertGuard], Jul 27, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. lib
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    488
  2. lib
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    552
  3. Ken W.

    moment by moment

    Ken W., Sep 24, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    432
    Ken W.
    Sep 24, 2003
  4. l#

    GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH

    l#, Jul 14, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    551
    Lookingglass
    Jul 14, 2005
  5. Anuj
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    454
Loading...

Share This Page