Re: Please advise on shooting "floppy" dolls

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ConTactMe, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. ConTactMe

    ConTactMe Guest

    Thank you Paul Worden and Gregory W. Blank for the great advice. I
    actually have a large coffee table (with a too small base, but I will
    use it anyway). I'll try this with future pictures. I still am unsure
    about how to deal with the floppiness of certain stuffed animals.
    Perhaps I will combine the suggestions.

    Thanks once again!

    "Paul Worden" <> wrote in message
    > >If you want to lay the dolls down try laying them on glass and putting

    your
    > backdrop
    > >far enough below to illuminate it and get rid of the shadows.

    > This is a standard commercial technique. Leave at least one foot clear
    > behind the glass. Use top lights at 45 degrees to throw the shadows away
    > from the backdrop. You can use a bit of front fill, but keep the intensity
    > down so the front light shadow doesn't show.
    >
    > Another technique is to use a light tent - the light is so diffused that
    > there is no shadow. Make your own with drafting film and shoot through a
    > hole in the top. Put floods all around the outside.
    >
    > Similarly, a white umbrella can act as a huge reflector - direct a

    spotlight

    ConTactMe, Jul 11, 2003

  2. ConTactMe

    Paul Worden Guest

    Deal with the floppiness with double sided tape and crumpled aluminium foil
    (not together...) to position the dolls as you want them.
    Paul Worden, Jul 11, 2003