Re: playing old dos games

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nutso fasst, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. nutso fasst

    nutso fasst Guest

    > I tried a program called MoSlo but it did not make any noticeable
    difference
    > to the speed of the game. I also tried DosBox from sourceforge.net, but

    the
    > game failed to run at all using this.

    Which MoSlo version? Older ones don't work on newer computers and had crappy
    docs. The freebie one from the author's website (http://www.hpaa.com/moslo)
    is much better, especially with the second slowdown method.

    nf
    nutso fasst, Mar 29, 2006

  2. nutso fasst

    bp Guest

    "nutso fasst" <> wrote in message
    >> I tried a program called MoSlo but it did not make any noticeable

    > difference
    >> to the speed of the game. I also tried DosBox from sourceforge.net, but

    > the
    >> game failed to run at all using this.

    > Which MoSlo version? Older ones don't work on newer computers and had
    > crappy
    > docs. The freebie one from the author's website
    > (http://www.hpaa.com/moslo)
    > is much better, especially with the second slowdown method.
    >
    > nf

    Thanks nf. Using Version 1.5 with method 2 seemed to do the trick in terms
    of slowing it down.

    Unfortunately, for some reason the game i was trying to play ("Janitor Joe"
    which I think was also known as "Jumpjoe") would not respond to commands! I
    could use menu-commands to turn sound on and off, start the game, exit the
    game, etc. Everything except make Joe move and jump. ;-p

    Oh well, I guess this little trip down memory lane wasn't to be.

    BP
    bp, Mar 31, 2006