Re: Placement of router

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Sep 22, 2009.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Post:
    > I got a new router, a Linksys N wireless. Dues to space limitations and cord
    > lengths. I don't have a lot of places to put it. I was wondering if it's a bad
    > idea to sit it on top of the computer case? It would be near the power supply
    > which is of course inside the case, but right under the router. Would there be
    > interference from the power supply? Thanks.

    2Wire recommends 3 feet from computer, which seems goofy on a
    computer desk. I put mine in a different room all by its self.
    Works like a charm. The 2Wire USB WiFi PCI sits on top of the
    computer, no problems. Good Luck, PS: Watch out for older cordless
    phones, can raise hell if too close to Router when in use.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Sep 22, 2009