Re: PIX 7 client configuration address initiate ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Richard Deal, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. Richard Deal

    Richard Deal Guest

    "you know who maybe" <> wrote in message
    > I'm copying line-by-line the configuration from my 6.3.4 515E to a new

    515E
    > with v7.01 and this way learning the changes. But I'm stuck on this line
    > from 6.3.4. and I can't seem to find the equivalent on 7.01
    >
    > crypto map mymap client configuration address initiate
    > Error: Invalid input detected at "configuration")
    >

    > Later.... I see now Cisco says this command is not supported in v7.01.
    >
    > Why?

    Cisco's changed the IPSec process radically in v7 of the PIX/ASA. You'll
    want to read the section on group policies and tunnel groups in the
    documentation. It's much more feature-rich than 6.x, but much more
    command-intensive.

    One thing I definitely don't like in 7.x is that the show command structure
    changed--you can no longer do something like show nameif to see the nameif
    commands, you have to use a much more cludgier method to do this, which is a
    pain.

    Cheers!
    Richard
    Richard Deal, Jun 15, 2005