Re: pix 501 w/1720 router.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Walter Roberson, Oct 1, 2006.

  1. In article <tYPTg.9237$3T2.4004@trnddc06>, news <> wrote:
    > Okay, I finally got my PIX 501 running perfectly like everhting i wanted.
    >Now, I just aquired a 1720 cisco router, it has 12.2(13) IOS on it(i think).
    >My question is..Do I need to confiured PPPoE on the router? 'Cause in my
    >PIX I already setup PPPoE there. What do I need to do?

    Is your 1720 going "outside" or "inside" the PIX ?.

    If it is going "outside" then it is the one that will need to talk
    to the ISP and so it will need to have PPPoE on it and the PIX would
    need PPPoE taken off of it (because the PIX would be connected to
    the 1720.)

    Walter Roberson, Oct 1, 2006

  2. Walter Roberson

    news Guest

    "Walter Roberson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <tYPTg.9237$3T2.4004@trnddc06>, news <> wrote:
    >> Okay, I finally got my PIX 501 running perfectly like everhting i
    >> wanted.
    >>Now, I just aquired a 1720 cisco router, it has 12.2(13) IOS on it(i
    >>think).
    >>My question is..Do I need to confiured PPPoE on the router? 'Cause in my
    >>PIX I already setup PPPoE there. What do I need to do?

    > Is your 1720 going "outside" or "inside" the PIX ?.
    >
    > If it is going "outside" then it is the one that will need to talk
    > to the ISP and so it will need to have PPPoE on it and the PIX would
    > need PPPoE taken off of it (because the PIX would be connected to
    > the 1720.)

    Hey,

    The way I want to set up is like this:
    [lan]--->[router]----->[pix]---->[dsl modem]-------->[internet]
    Will this setup work?

    news, Oct 2, 2006

  3. In article <8VZTg.14288$Oh3.9486@trnddc04>, news <> wrote:

    > The way I want to set up is like this:
    >[lan]--->[router]----->[pix]---->[dsl modem]-------->[internet]
    >Will this setup work?

    Yes. In that case, the router would NOT have PPPoE turned on.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 2, 2006