Re: Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by grams@oldtown.com, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Guest

    I am having similar issues with my 105, especially having issues with -RW media.
    Per chance, did you purchase the drive through Cendyne?

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:33:53 +0000 (UTC), "Andy K"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD writer, firmware version 1.30 and Nero Burning
    >ROM Enterprise Edition version 5.5.10.35.
    >
    >However, since I first got the dvd writer I have had nothing but problems
    >with it, when trying to write a dvd-r or a dvd-rw.
    >
    >First whilst attempting to write to a dvd-r Nero stopped and stated that
    >there was a 'SCSI Target Error'. I seemed to have solved this problem by
    >only inserting the blanc media when Nero asked for it.
    >
    >Amongst others I am now creating many coasters with a different error
    >message, 'Reset Occurred'. Which totally ruins the dvd.
    >
    >I am unsure as to what the problem is with. Is it the Pioneer DVR-105 drive
    >itself, the firmware version of the drive, the Nero software or something
    >entirely different?
    >
    >Would updating the firmware version on my drive to 1.33 resolve the issues?
    >I know that the media isn't the issue as I have previously used it with no
    >problems whatsoever. I have also used Nero version 5.5.10.42 and Nero 6
    >ultra edition and experienced the same problems.
    >
    >I am a little confused as a friend of mine has almost exactly the same spec
    >computer and identical Pioneer dvd writer and firmware version as I do, but
    >has had absolutely no problems with his at all.
    >
    >Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with the same Pioneer dvd
    >writer? Alternatively, has anyone updated their firmware and found that it
    >has resolved any issue or made any worse? Does anyone know what the
    >firmware update to 1.33 actually improves?
    >
    >Any ideas, or better still solutions, would be much appreciated.
    >
    >Andy
    >
    >PS. Sorry for all the questions, but I really am a lose end.

    This mail has been scanned by Norton 2003

    , Aug 10, 2003

  2. Andy K Guest

    No, I didn't purchase mine through Cendyne. I bought it from dabs.com.

    Regarding the 'Reset occurred' error that I kept on experiencing. I believe
    that this may have been caused by the Pioneer DVD-ROM (106S) that I have
    connected as a secondary slave device on the same IDE cable as my Pioneer
    DVR-105 drive. It kept on making strange noises and the busy light kept
    illuminating when I wasn't even accessing the drive at all, and so I believe
    that this caused the reset error, as it was interfering with the DVR-105 DVD
    writer connected on the same cable in some way whilst I was writing to a
    DVD-R (touch wood!).

    If you are experiencing problems with Datawrite DVD-RW 2x media, then join
    the club. I have had 4 out of the 8 Datawrite 2x DVD-RW's that I purchased
    either only want to write at 1x or once written, found that I couldn't
    access any of the data on the disc, causing a read error when accessed. I
    believe that this is a problem with the disc/make itself and am currently
    attempting to try a different 2x DVD-RW media, but am having some problems
    finding one.

    Hope this helps.

    Andy

    Andy K, Aug 12, 2003