Re: Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ron, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Reinstall your ASPI layer drivers

    "Andy K" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD writer, firmware version 1.30 and Nero

    Burning
    > ROM Enterprise Edition version 5.5.10.35.
    >
    > However, since I first got the dvd writer I have had nothing but problems
    > with it, when trying to write a dvd-r or a dvd-rw.
    >
    > First whilst attempting to write to a dvd-r Nero stopped and stated that
    > there was a 'SCSI Target Error'. I seemed to have solved this problem by
    > only inserting the blanc media when Nero asked for it.
    >
    > Amongst others I am now creating many coasters with a different error
    > message, 'Reset Occurred'. Which totally ruins the dvd.
    >
    > I am unsure as to what the problem is with. Is it the Pioneer DVR-105

    drive
    > itself, the firmware version of the drive, the Nero software or something
    > entirely different?
    >
    > Would updating the firmware version on my drive to 1.33 resolve the

    issues?
    > I know that the media isn't the issue as I have previously used it with no
    > problems whatsoever. I have also used Nero version 5.5.10.42 and Nero 6
    > ultra edition and experienced the same problems.
    >
    > I am a little confused as a friend of mine has almost exactly the same

    spec
    > computer and identical Pioneer dvd writer and firmware version as I do,

    but
    > has had absolutely no problems with his at all.
    >
    > Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with the same Pioneer dvd
    > writer? Alternatively, has anyone updated their firmware and found that

    it

    Ron, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Ron

    buck Guest

    In article <bh06jb$h84$>, says...
    > Reinstall your ASPI layer drivers
    >
    > "Andy K" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD writer, firmware version 1.30 and Nero

    > Burning
    > > ROM Enterprise Edition version 5.5.10.35.
    > >
    > > However, since I first got the dvd writer I have had nothing but problems
    > > with it, when trying to write a dvd-r or a dvd-rw.
    > >
    > > First whilst attempting to write to a dvd-r Nero stopped and stated that
    > > there was a 'SCSI Target Error'. I seemed to have solved this problem by
    > > only inserting the blanc media when Nero asked for it.
    > >
    > > Amongst others I am now creating many coasters with a different error
    > > message, 'Reset Occurred'. Which totally ruins the dvd.
    > >
    > > I am unsure as to what the problem is with. Is it the Pioneer DVR-105

    > drive
    > > itself, the firmware version of the drive, the Nero software or something
    > > entirely different?
    > >
    > > Would updating the firmware version on my drive to 1.33 resolve the

    > issues?
    > > I know that the media isn't the issue as I have previously used it with no
    > > problems whatsoever. I have also used Nero version 5.5.10.42 and Nero 6
    > > ultra edition and experienced the same problems.
    > >
    > > I am a little confused as a friend of mine has almost exactly the same

    > spec
    > > computer and identical Pioneer dvd writer and firmware version as I do,

    > but
    > > has had absolutely no problems with his at all.
    > >
    > > Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with the same Pioneer dvd
    > > writer? Alternatively, has anyone updated their firmware and found that

    > it
    > > has resolved any issue or made any worse? Does anyone know what the
    > > firmware update to 1.33 actually improves?
    > >
    > > Any ideas, or better still solutions, would be much appreciated.
    > >
    > > Andy
    > >
    > > PS. Sorry for all the questions, but I really am a lose end.

    I have a Pioneer 105 and have no problem with it running NERO 5.9 thru 6.0.9. since up-dating
    drives firmware to the latest (official Pioneer web site) version, the version of which I can
    not at this time acertain, as the computer containing that drive is down for service (nothing
    to do with the DvD drive, just a new power supply is needed).

    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    buck, Aug 8, 2003