  1. Shakey

    Shakey Guest

    Thank you all.
    I see that the consensus is to not use digital zoom and to blow it up in the
    computer program later. This is what I had suspected but was not sure.
    Mel.

    Shakey, Aug 22, 2003

  2. > Thank you all.
    > I see that the consensus is to not use digital zoom and to blow it up in the
    > computer program later. This is what I had suspected but was not sure.

    This is why in most (if not all) cameras you can turn the digital zoom off.
    If it was good, why would there need to be an option of turning it off?
    Because you might accidentally zoom past the optical range and use the digital
    zoom without realizing it and ruin the quality of your photo.

    Sure one could then say, why do they include digital zoom at all in the first
    place. I would ask the same about airbags in cars that kill people and I am
    not allowed to have removed or disabled. People are just stupid, that's why.
    Steve Jenkins, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Shakey

    Mike Graham Guest

    In article <slt1b.14264$>, Shakey wrote:

    > I see that the consensus is to not use digital zoom and to blow it up in the
    > computer program later. This is what I had suspected but was not sure.

    An additional bonus of this method is that you have a lot of leeway in
    cropping. You can get whatever picture you want. It took me a while to get
    in the habit of taking a bigger picture than I really wanted...

    Mike Graham, Aug 22, 2003