Re: Pic of Quiet PC Hood (as promised)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Howard, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > Hi again all,
    >
    > As promised yesterday, I've got new batteries in the camera and am
    > able now to post a pic of the acoustic enclosure I built for my PCs.
    >
    > Photo data appears as bas64-encoded JPG file at end of this message
    >
    > Cheers
    > EB
    >
    > Base64 for file acoustic-hood.jpg follows:

    <base64 chars snipped>

    I'm gonna fess up to not knowing how to convert this into a jpeg. I know
    there are online base64 converters, which work for me on converting base64
    email text (always spam so far), but I can't seem to use those to produce a
    jpeg.

    Can anyone tell me how?

    Howard, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Howard

    colinco Guest

    In article <0Z%Za.113638$>, Howard wrote...
    > I'm gonna fess up to not knowing how to convert this into a jpeg. I know
    > there are online base64 converters, which work for me on converting base64
    > email text (always spam so far), but I can't seem to use those to produce a
    > jpeg.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how?

    Winzip can do it

    colinco, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Howard

    Howard Guest

    colinco wrote:
    > In article <0Z%Za.113638$>, Howard wrote...
    >> I'm gonna fess up to not knowing how to convert this into a jpeg. I
    >> know there are online base64 converters, which work for me on
    >> converting base64 email text (always spam so far), but I can't seem
    >> to use those to produce a jpeg.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me how?
    >>

    > Winzip can do it

    How? Base64 doesn't appear in the winzip help file. I selected the encoded
    material from the OP and saved into a file named base64.zip and tried to
    open that in winzip - no go.

    So, can anyone tell me how?

    Howard, Aug 12, 2003
  4. Howard

    colinco Guest

    In article <W73_a.113835$>, Howard wrote...
    > How? Base64 doesn't appear in the winzip help file.

    It does if you look under "Decoding email attachments"

    colinco, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Howard

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, john wrote...
    > Perhaps you could be more explicit than the winzip help.
    > For instance, what do you save the base64 text in the
    > message as, for winzip to recognise it?
    >
    > ta
    > John

    Perhaps winzip needs jpgs :)

    1. Highlight the message (DO NOT open it; large messages are not
    handled well by MSMail)
    2. Select Save As from the File menu item,
    3. Enter a file name using .UUE as the extension; for example:
    FILENAME.UUE.

    Copyright © 1991-2001 by WinZip Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.

    colinco, Aug 13, 2003
  6. Howard

    john Guest

    colinco wrote:

    > In article <>, john wrote...
    > > Perhaps you could be more explicit than the winzip help.
    > > For instance, what do you save the base64 text in the
    > > message as, for winzip to recognise it?
    > >
    > > ta
    > > John
    > >

    > Perhaps winzip needs jpgs :)
    >
    > 1. Highlight the message (DO NOT open it; large messages are not
    > handled well by MSMail)
    > 2. Select Save As from the File menu item,
    > 3. Enter a file name using .UUE as the extension; for example:
    > FILENAME.UUE.
    >
    > Copyright © 1991-2001 by WinZip Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.

    Well that wasn't too hard, was it?
    Never mentioned installing quikview, though! :-(

    After all that, let it be said that the original poster's closest
    encounter with quality woodwork, might possibly have been a Tui crate!

    Pretty it ain't!

    John

    john, Aug 13, 2003