Re: Pianist: A Morality Question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Eric R., Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Eric R.

    Eric R. Guest

    wrote in message

    > If you were in the ghetto, would you join the Jews police just so that
    > you could survive?
    >
    > My answer is that I wouldn't betray my own people for my own well
    > being. But I'll probably regret my decision in my dying moments.

    That's a bullshit question because no one knows what they would do in
    a situation like that until they're actually in it.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Jun 24, 2003

  2. Eric R.

    Mike Jackson Guest

    > > If you were in the ghetto, would you join the Jews police just so that
    > > you could survive?
    > >
    > > My answer is that I wouldn't betray my own people for my own well
    > > being. But I'll probably regret my decision in my dying moments.

    > That's a bullshit question because no one knows what they would do in
    > a situation like that until they're actually in it.

    In theory, I'd probably cave. Sure, you're a sellout, but how many
    beliefs/cultures are worth going to the grave for? It's like the Sunday
    School lessons about Chinese people refusing to deny God and dying for it,
    and you're thinking, the dumbasses. Say what the guy with the gun wants to
    hear and die another day.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Webmaster, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com

    Mike Jackson, Jun 25, 2003

  3. In article <bdcvd1$kma$>,
    "Mike Jackson" <> wrote:

    > In theory, I'd probably cave. Sure, you're a sellout, but how many
    > beliefs/cultures are worth going to the grave for? It's like the Sunday
    > School lessons about Chinese people refusing to deny God and dying for it,
    > and you're thinking, the dumbasses. Say what the guy with the gun wants to
    > hear and die another day.

    Said the non-Chinese man with no reference to other's spirituality.

    Ura Dippschitt, Jun 26, 2003