Re: php script

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by AD., Jan 14, 2012.

  1. AD.

    AD. Guest

    On Jan 14, 4:43 pm, whoisthis <> wrote:
    > Are there any OSX users who are php programmers ?
    >
    > What I would like is a script that automatically adds an IP to the
    > firewall when someone tries to use "admin/pma/scripts/setup.php", ie one
    > of the well known and used exploits for a poorly installed/configured
    > PHPmyAdmin setup.
    >
    > I dont use PHPmAdmin, but would be interested in blocking these hackers,
    > and having an email sent to me.

    You probably want to rethink that approach. You don't want a PHP app
    run by your webserver to be able to alter your firewall.

    A better idea would be an app or script (could be written in anything)
    that parses your server logs periodically (eg cron) then alters the
    firewall.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton