Re: php script

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Jan 14, 2012.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-01-14, whoisthis <> wrote:
    > Are there any OSX users who are php programmers ?
    >
    > What I would like is a script that automatically adds an IP to the
    > firewall when someone tries to use "admin/pma/scripts/setup.php", ie one
    > of the well known and used exploits for a poorly installed/configured
    > PHPmyAdmin setup.
    >
    > I dont use PHPmAdmin, but would be interested in blocking these hackers,
    > and having an email sent to me.

    Now you do not use phpMyAdmin, so how does that allow the exploit you give
    above work?

    Is not the install/setup directory deteled after you have set it up to stop
    this sort of thing? Also I would have thought that the developers and others
    would have fixed this up in short order?

    Gordon, Jan 14, 2012

  2. Gordon

    Enkidu Guest

    On 14/01/12 20:35, whoisthis wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > Gordon<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2012-01-14, whoisthis<> wrote:
    >>> Are there any OSX users who are php programmers ?
    >>>
    >>> What I would like is a script that automatically adds an IP to the
    >>> firewall when someone tries to use "admin/pma/scripts/setup.php", ie one
    >>> of the well known and used exploits for a poorly installed/configured
    >>> PHPmyAdmin setup.
    >>>
    >>> I dont use PHPmAdmin, but would be interested in blocking these hackers,
    >>> and having an email sent to me.
    >>>

    >> Now you do not use phpMyAdmin, so how does that allow the exploit you give
    >> above work?

    > I am wanting a php script to run when they call it to automatically add
    > their IP to my firewall.
    >>
    >> Is not the install/setup directory deteled after you have set it up to stop
    >> this sort of thing? Also I would have thought that the developers and others
    >> would have fixed this up in short order?

    > No idea, I dont use it, I get my machines hit by the phpmyadmin scans
    > 5-6 times a week.

    5-6 times a *week*? Why bother doing anything?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Jan 14, 2012

  3. Gordon

    Enkidu Guest

    On 15/01/12 07:29, whoisthis wrote:
    > In article<4f1152c5$>, Enkidu<cliffp@bogus> wrote:
    >
    >> On 14/01/12 20:35, whoisthis wrote:

    >>> I am wanting a php script to run when they call it to automatically add
    >>> their IP to my firewall.

    >>> No idea, I dont use it, I get my machines hit by the phpmyadmin scans
    >>> 5-6 times a week.
    >> >

    >> 5-6 times a *week*? Why bother doing anything?

    > Because it pisses me off.

    When I had my port 22 open to the Internet I had 5 - 6 people knocking
    on the door (so to speak) per minute. When it was bad that number was 5
    - 6 per second.

    Enkidu, Jan 14, 2012