Re: PHP installation question

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Boyd Pearson, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Boyd Pearson

    Boyd Pearson Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I am trying to install PHP on an XP Pro machine running IIS. I followed the
    > instructions that comes with the package. I've written a PHP version of
    > "Hello World" as follows:

    > <?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>

    is the page extension ".php" ?

    --
    **************************************
    The Eldritch Dark:

    Boyd Pearson, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Boyd Pearson

    Dany P. Wu Guest

    "Boyd Pearson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I am trying to install PHP on an XP Pro machine running IIS. I followed

    the
    > > instructions that comes with the package. I've written a PHP version of
    > > "Hello World" as follows:

    > > <?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>

    > is the page extension ".php" ?

    Yes it is - the file is called greeting.php

    D.

    Dany P. Wu, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Boyd Pearson

    Steve Guest

    Dany P. Wu allegedly said:

    > "Boyd Pearson" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >> > Hi everyone,
    >> >
    >> > I am trying to install PHP on an XP Pro machine running IIS. I followed

    > the
    >> > instructions that comes with the package. I've written a PHP version of
    >> > "Hello World" as follows:
    >> >
    >> > ================================================
    >> > <?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>
    >> > ================================================

    >> is the page extension ".php" ?

    > Yes it is - the file is called greeting.php
    >
    > D.

    Have you set up the web server to recognise *.PHP?

    Or does IIS do this by default? I've never used IIS - only Apache.

    --
    Steve
    --
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war;
    neither in Russia nor in England nor in America,
    nor for that matter in Germany.
    That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders
    of the country who determine the policy and
    it is always a simple matter to drag the people
    along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist
    dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist
    dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can
    always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    That is easy. All you have to do is tell them
    they are being attacked and denounce the
    pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing
    the country to danger. It works the same way
    in any country."
    - Hermann Goering, Nazi Reichsmarshall

    Steve, Jul 10, 2003