Re: Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Aug 30, 2012.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:23:54 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2012-08-29 19:58:44 -0700, Eric Stevens <> said:
    >
    >> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:41:46 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> So there is some sinister profiteering in the "Land of OZ"?
    >>>
    >>> I note that Adobe will sell from their web site, and will deliver via
    >>> download 1.1 GB CS6 for the US price of $699. If you want a hard copy
    >>> there is this note:
    >>>
    >>> "What are Asia Pacific and Brazil shipping times and costs?
    >>> Shipping time is 3-5 days, and shipping costs are calculated
    >>> automatically when you place your order. You can view your total
    >>> shipping charge at the time you place your order.
    >>> Note: If you live in South Africa, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Brazil,
    >>> the carrier (FedEx or UPS) charges you for any required taxes. The
    >>> carrier then pays them to the appropriate authorities. This tax doesn't
    >>> appear on your order during the checkout process. "

    >> With my NZ email address it directs me to the "Adobe Store - New
    >> Zealand" where it (today) quotes me "A$1,061.82". This converts to
    >> US$1,096.83. That's a better price than the last time I looked but it
    >> still contains the 'Australian Tariff'.

    >Would you be able to hide your physical location behind a gmail address?
    >Then use one of our physical US addresses, preferably one of the Texas
    >brethren as I have a 7.25% California sales tax to deal with, for drop
    >shipping. I am not sure of the Sales tax issue in Florida.

    No sales tax charged to Florida residents by some vendors. If the
    vendor has a physical location in Florida, they do. B&H, no tax.

    However, Photoshop requires online registration to activate and "calls
    home", doesn't it? I don't know how that magic works, but I'm sure
    gmail won't fool 'em. I may be wrong, here, though.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Aug 30, 2012