Re: photoshop cs3 raw aspect ratio

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by just bob, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. just bob

    just bob Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > nigel wrote:
    >> Maybe the answer is staring me in the face, but when I crop a raw image,
    >> how do I maintain the original aspect ratio?!

    > What Jim T said.

    Actually the OP said he was doing RAW. In Adobe Camera Raw there is no such
    tool as Jim said and that is not how you control the dims.

    just bob, Jun 9, 2008

  2. just bob

    > just bob wrote:
    >> "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    >>> What Jim T said.

    >> Actually the OP said he was doing RAW. In Adobe Camera Raw there is no
    >> such tool as Jim said and that is not how you control the dims.

    > True enough, ya got me, but I would never crop in the raw import anyway,
    > I'd crop in PS.
    >
    > Raw import for me is to get the light source, exposure and maybe other
    > parameters (blacks, bright, contrast, CA, vignetting) adjusted if needed
    > before pulling into PS. I wouldn't even think of cropping there.
    >
    > Your answer in a way proves the point. Crop where there is the proper
    > tool for cropping to a required output aspect ratio at a required dpi for
    > the o/p.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Alan

    I love cropping in ACR: It crops at 100% and does not interpolate like the
    Crop tool does in PS. And when I batch using Image processor and output to
    a reduced number of pixels the cropping occurs before the resize so all
    exported files come out at the exact dimensions I want. Perfect for web
    galleries.

    just bob, Jul 1, 2008

  3. just bob

    Paul Furman Guest

    just bob wrote:

    > I love cropping in ACR: It crops at 100% and does not interpolate like the
    > Crop tool does in PS.

    There's different options for cropping in PS, the one that upsamples
    like that is seldom useful.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net