Re: Photoshop CS & RAW plug in (D70)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cooter, May 23, 2004.

  1. Cooter

    Cooter Guest

    Do a search for "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi" (without the quotes). If you
    installed the latest version of Nikon View or Nikon Capture it puts this
    plugin in the one of the Photoshop folders and prevents PS from using its
    own RAW converter. After you locate the whereabouts of the above file,
    navigate to that folder and put a tilde (~) in front of the filename so it
    now becomes "~Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi". When you restart PS it should work like
    it is supposed to. Shame on Nikon for pulling this stunt!

    "adm" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > Am I missing something here ? Looking at the help in Photoshop CS for the
    > RAW plug in, shows the picture below:
    >

    > I am aware that it is a Mac screen shot, and is a Canon CRW file, but I
    > would expect to see a similar range of controls when importing NEF files
    > from the D70. However, when opening NEFs in Photoshop, I only get a very
    > simple dialog box that allows me to change exposure and white balance

    (plus

    Cooter, May 23, 2004

  2. > Do a search for "Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi" (without the quotes). If you
    > installed the latest version of Nikon View or Nikon Capture it puts this
    > plugin in the one of the Photoshop folders and prevents PS from using its
    > own RAW converter. After you locate the whereabouts of the above file,
    > navigate to that folder and put a tilde (~) in front of the filename so it
    > now becomes "~Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi". When you restart PS it should work

    like
    > it is supposed to. Shame on Nikon for pulling this stunt!

    Also make sure that you have the Camera Raw 2.2 update, available from
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/new.jsp Scroll to the bottom of the
    page and pick which one you need.
    This supports the D70.

    --