Re: PhotoImpact 5.0 Album. Anybody?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave Busch, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Dave Busch

    Dave Busch Guest

    My followup to this message from (Michael P
    Gabriel) offers little new information:

    >Hi,
    >I use PhotoImpact 5.0, in which there is an ALBUM . Also, I have all
    >my Jpegs on a Compact Flash Card, drive "J". Also, WIN98SE
    >
    >Question 1: How can I import ALL my Jpegs at the SAME TIME, from my
    >"J" drive to the ALBUM?; I've been doing it one by one! Yikes!
    >
    >Question 2:: Doing it one by one is so time consuming, AND...if I
    >accidentally skip one, or I take a new picture and put it on my "J"
    >drive, , I find no way to go back or add it, to the album, which
    >forces me to erase and go back and do it all over again, very slowly!
    >Even then, I always manage to find one or two jpegs that just didn't
    >get into the album.
    >
    >Thanks for any help I can get. Sometimes I feel a little sympathy
    >would even help!
    >
    >Mike

    I have PhotoImpact Album 3.02, which is what I use regularly, and also
    have PhotoImpact Album 8.0. I don't specifically have Version 5.0.
    But both 3.02 and 8.0 have a Thumbnail>Insert>Collect Files from
    Folder (plus Collect Files from Folder and Subfolders) command that
    will grab all the files in a specific location. What are you doing
    different?

    I've sometimes used this to collect all the files on a Compact Flash
    card in my card reader (which also happens to be Drive J on my
    computer), and sometimes all the files on the Compact Flash in a
    digital camera linked with a USB cable (it becomes Drive H on my
    computer.) Then I use Album's Move feature to move the files I want
    to my hard disk and delete the rest. I usually only do this when I'm
    working with a 256MB or larger CF card and have a zillion files, not
    all of which are worth moving.
    Dave Busch, Aug 8, 2003