Re: Photography on USA trains and buses

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Charlie Self, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Charlie Self

    Charlie Self Guest

    Dave Haynie writes:

    >The major media, while certainly free in the fundamental sense of the
    >word (eg, "from government control), is not free in what, in the
    >heyday of American journalism, it had become: just the facts, as
    >unvarnished and objective as possible.

    When was that?

    >This isn't even remotely the general feeling in the USA.
    >Unfortunately, for whaever reason, we here seem to have more than the
    >usual share of cavemen in the society. The same people who celebrated
    >when African Americans or Gays have been troubled, now have Moslems at
    >the top of their hate list.

    It is unfortunate, probably right up there with religious leaders who incite to
    riot and mayhem when they know they have an uneducated and excitable audience.

    Charlie Self
    "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the
    exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun
    Charlie Self, Jun 3, 2004