Re: Photographing Where No Electricity Source

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jul 9, 2008.

  1. <> wrote:

    > If you use a DSLR, you can get 500 or 700 or maybe more pics on 1 charge... A
    > P&S camera will only take a few dozen...

    That depends on the P&S, for some "a few dozen" is really 'several
    hundred' (measured per CIPA standard).

    > If you can carry a fair amount of weight, you can bring a big battery and an
    > inverter to run your cameras charger.

    Or justr bring a couple batteries for the camera. 20 lbs in
    LiIon accumulators is quite a bit of power ...

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jul 9, 2008

  2. Wolfgang Weisselberg

    nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Yes, but compare prices... a camping inverter is under $50 as opposed to
    > camera
    > batteries at what - $100 each?

    the lithium batteries i've seen are $30-40 for oem and $10-20 for third
    party. and an inverter to power a battery charger is about $20 or so.

    nospam, Jul 9, 2008

  3. <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 01:03:04 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> If you use a DSLR, you can get 500 or 700 or maybe more pics on 1 charge... A
    >>> P&S camera will only take a few dozen...

    >>That depends on the P&S, for some "a few dozen" is really 'several
    >>hundred' (measured per CIPA standard).

    > I'm just going by my own camera experiences.

    Several hundred with at least one of my P&S cameras, quite less
    with another one --- personal experience.

    >>> If you can carry a fair amount of weight, you can bring a big battery and an
    >>> inverter to run your cameras charger.

    >>Or justr bring a couple batteries for the camera. 20 lbs in
    >>LiIon accumulators is quite a bit of power ...

    > Yes, but compare prices...

    Comparing prices a wall wart is cheaper. And lighter.

    > a camping inverter is under $50 as opposed to camera
    > batteries at what - $100 each?

    That would depend on your camera and battery, if you buy original
    or third party (some of them are $5 and change, what they are
    worth and if they are safe I cannot judge) and so on.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jul 10, 2008