Re: Photographing the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by GK, Jun 30, 2008.

  1. GK

    GK Guest

    Shawn Hirn wrote:

    > "No photography or video. Strictly enforced."

    Well it seems the NJ Yank My Crank has similar rules about taking photos
    or shooting film, but they claim its to prevent obstruction of traffic.
    The rules n regs are under
    19:9-1.22 Filming, photographing or videotaping on Authority property
    prohibited, except as authorized

    which is on page 33 of their pdf: http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/TPREG.pdf

    GK

    GK, Jun 30, 2008

  2. GK

    J. Clarke Guest

    GK wrote:
    > Shawn Hirn wrote:
    >

    >> "No photography or video. Strictly enforced."
    >>

    > Well it seems the NJ Yank My Crank has similar rules about taking
    > photos or shooting film, but they claim its to prevent obstruction
    > of
    > traffic. The rules n regs are under
    > 19:9-1.22 Filming, photographing or videotaping on Authority
    > property
    > prohibited, except as authorized
    >
    > which is on page 33 of their pdf:
    > http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/TPREG.pdf

    Which says, in part "(a) To insure the health, safety and welfare of
    motorists, the general public and the Authority, no person shall be
    permitted to park, stop, stand or travel at a slow speed in violation
    of N.J.S.A. 27:23-27, for the purpose of taking photographs, videos or
    motion pictures (hereinafter collectively "film") on the Roadway,
    except as provided in (b) below or except as otherwise authorized
    pursuant to (c) or (d) below."

    I don't see anything unreasonable about that. Basically seems to say
    "if you want to obstruct traffic to take pictures you need a permit".

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    J. Clarke, Jun 30, 2008

  3. GK

    necromancer Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 06:05:17 GMT, GK <>
    wrote:

    >Shawn Hirn wrote:
    >

    >> "No photography or video. Strictly enforced."
    >>

    >Well it seems the NJ Yank My Crank has similar rules about taking photos
    >or shooting film, but they claim its to prevent obstruction of traffic.
    >The rules n regs are under
    >19:9-1.22 Filming, photographing or videotaping on Authority property
    >prohibited, except as authorized
    >
    >which is on page 33 of their pdf: http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/TPREG.pdf
    >
    >GK

    So, how would my setting up a videocamera on a tri-pod in the
    passenger side floorboard of my car and taking a drive - as I am
    prone to do down here in the South - over the bridge obstruct traffic
    other than to add a car to the traffic count that otherwise might not
    have been there?
    --
    "I love this country...
    ...and the freedoms we used to have..."

    necromancer, Jul 1, 2008
  4. GK

    John Turco Guest

    "J. Clarke" wrote:

    > GK wrote:
    > > Shawn Hirn wrote:
    > >

    > >> "No photography or video. Strictly enforced."
    > >>

    > > Well it seems the NJ Yank My Crank has similar rules about taking
    > > photos or shooting film, but they claim its to prevent obstruction
    > > of traffic. The rules n regs are under 19:9-1.22 Filming,
    > > photographing or videotaping on Authority property prohibited,
    > > except as authorized which is on page 33 of their pdf:
    > > http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/TPREG.pdf

    > Which says, in part "(a) To insure the health, safety and welfare of
    > motorists, the general public and the Authority, no person shall be
    > permitted to park, stop, stand or travel at a slow speed in violation
    > of N.J.S.A. 27:23-27, for the purpose of taking photographs, videos or
    > motion pictures (hereinafter collectively "film") on the Roadway,
    > except as provided in (b) below or except as otherwise authorized
    > pursuant to (c) or (d) below."
    >
    > I don't see anything unreasonable about that. Basically seems to say
    > "if you want to obstruct traffic to take pictures you need a permit".

    Hello, John:

    We ain't seen ya around here (i.e., <news:rec.photo.digital>), for
    the past year or so; it's good to know that you're still among the
    living. <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jul 4, 2008