Re: Photographers don't need Mac!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Linda_N, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Linda_N

    Linda_N Guest

    "Justín Käse" <> wrote in message
    > In Message-ID:<> posted on
    > Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:36:05 GMT, GT40 wrote:
    >
    >>Another reason to
    >>not use HTML email

    > And another reason to get rid of [mshtml.dll]
    > ...of course your IE/OE won't work and you'll have to get a better
    > browser/email client.
    >
    > my alternatives:
    > Opera - browser
    > Forte Agent - email and news
    > --

    Mozilla FireFox 1.0 rules!

    Linda.

    Linda_N, Nov 3, 2004

  2. In Message-ID:<J65id.28$> posted on Wed, 3 Nov
    2004 09:47:45 -0400, Linda_N wrote:

    >> --

    >Mozilla FireFox 1.0 rules!
    >
    >Linda.

    I know several hardcore Mozilla devotees, and I've tried a few of the
    (almost nightly) builds myself, but for some reason kept coming back to
    Opera. I do like to "evaluate" stuff and highly recommend Symantec Ghost
    for anyone who shares my curiosity.
    BTW: have you tried OB1?
    It's my second browser, very lightweight, free, and immune to all
    exploits I've tried on it. http://www.OffByOne.com
    --

    JK

    Justín Käse, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Linda_N

    > I know several hardcore Mozilla devotees, and I've tried a few of the
    > (almost nightly) builds myself, but for some reason kept coming back to
    > Opera. I do like to "evaluate" stuff and highly recommend Symantec Ghost
    > for anyone who shares my curiosity.
    > BTW: have you tried OB1?
    > It's my second browser, very lightweight, free, and immune to all
    > exploits I've tried on it. http://www.OffByOne.com
    > --

    I'll check this out JK, thanks for posting the link. I don't know what
    Symantec Ghost is though, but I'll look that up via google.

    I'm not really a Mozilla devotee (for instance I'm not so keen on
    Thunderbird 0.8, still preferring OE's fine tuned options/preferences) but
    Firefox 1.0 was such a pleasant surprise for me, and I'm addicted on
    extensions now hehehe.

    Linda

    Linda_N, Nov 4, 2004
  4. In Message-ID:<mNrid.96$> posted on Thu, 4 Nov
    2004 11:35:09 -0400, Linda_N wrote:

    >I don't know what
    >Symantec Ghost is though,

    A drive or partition imaging program

    Takes about three or four minutes total to completely restore my
    operating partition after a night's worth of tinkering, a complete
    rebuild from format could optimistically be done in a day. <g>
    --

    JK

    Justín Käse, Nov 4, 2004