Re: Photo to DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    JonC <> wrote in
    news::

    > I created a DVD photo slideshow with Ashampoo9 from about 90 JPEG's.
    > When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed just enough to
    > be noticeable and annoying, I have created the disc 3 times, all with
    > the same result.
    > Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.
    > Using Win7 OS.

    What are you *playing* the slideshow with? Try using Irfanview if you're
    just going to use a computer anyways. All you need to do is select the
    files to display. No need to burn anything.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 20, 2010

  2. chuckTard wrote:

    > JonC wrote:
    >> When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed ...

    .........^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    > ..Try using Irfanview if you're just going to use a computer anyways.

    Please ... PLEASE! ... send your RAG to the tune-up shop!

    RAG: Random Advice Generator

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 20, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Tony Guest

    The problem is he's using component leads instead of an hdmi lead. He needs
    an upconverting 1080P dvd player or play it on a blu-ray player with an hdmi
    lead. You can tell analogue from digital when you freeze-frame the pictures
    on the dvd. Analogue distorts when you freeze them digital doesn't. Speaking
    about freeze chuck is it down to 50 degrees below zero in Ottawa yet?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 20, 2010
  4. chuckcar

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Evan Platt <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:26:07 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >wrote:

    >>What are you *playing* the slideshow with?

    >A TV, just like the OP stated.

    >>Try using Irfanview if you're just going to use a computer
    >>anyways. All you need to do is select the files to display. No
    >>need to burn anything.

    >Please let me know how to use Irfanview on my TV.

    With a cross-over USB data cable?

    Mike "just trying to help" Yetto
    In practice they are not.
    Mike Yetto, Oct 20, 2010
  5. chuckcar

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:26:07 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > JonC <> wrote in
    >

    >> I created a DVD photo slideshow with Ashampoo9 from about 90 JPEG's.
    >> When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed just enough to be
    >> noticeable and annoying, I have created the disc 3 times, all with the
    >> same result.
    >> Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks. Using Win7 OS.
    >>

    > What are you *playing* the slideshow with? Try using Irfanview if you're
    > just going to use a computer anyways. All you need to do is select the
    > files to display. No need to burn anything.

    Jeezus fucking "zero reading comprehension" kee-ryst!

    Meat Plow, Oct 20, 2010
  6. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 20/10/2010 00:26, chuckcar wrote:
    > JonC<> wrote in
    >

    >> I created a DVD photo slideshow with Ashampoo9 from about 90 JPEG's.
    >> When played back on a TV, the images flickered/pulsed just enough to
    >> be noticeable and annoying, I have created the disc 3 times, all with
    >> the same result.
    >> Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.
    >> Using Win7 OS.
    >>

    > What are you *playing* the slideshow with?

    You complete fucking idiot. If we sliced you in two I'd wager the word
    stupid runs through you like a stick of rock.
    Desk Rabbit, Oct 22, 2010