Re: Photo printer choice

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Georges Preddivous, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. "Robert A. Fink, M. D." <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > I have been having trouble installing a HP Photosmart 7960 printer to
    > my WIN2K system (see my earlier posting, which has not yet been
    > responded to). It appears that my attempts to complete the
    > installation are going to fail and I am going to return the unit.
    >
    > Does anyone here recommend a substitute machine? I am looking for a
    > "prosumer" printer with which to print high-resolution digital
    > pictures up to 8 x 10 inches in size (but also able to easily print 4
    > x 6 and 5 x 7 prints, as well).
    >
    > The Canon and Epson machines seem decent, but what are the advantages
    > and disadvantages of each? My price range is up to about $300.00
    > (US).
    >

    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > Robert A. Fink, M. D., FACS, P. C.
    > Neurological Surgery
    > 2500 Milvia Street Suite 222
    > Berkeley, CA 94704-2636 USA
    > 510-849-2555
    >
    > "Ex Tristitia Virtus"

    Salutations Doctor Fink. If you really want to improve the quality of
    your photo prints, your choice of a printer would only be a very small
    variable in the ultimate solution. The best thing you can do is go and
    buy a high end digital camera like the Sigma SD10. This camera uses
    the Foveon image sensor, which is the only sensor to record images in
    3 colour layers like film. All other digital camera manufacturers use
    highly outdated dinosaur sensor technology which records the images in
    monochrome, and then guesses at the real colours later.
    Georges Preddivous, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Georges Preddivous wrote:

    Same old stuff..

    Georges, have you ever responded to a questions and not crossposted it
    and indicated the one and only answer to everything from photo issue to
    medical problems requires the purchase of a Sigma product?

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Georges Preddivous

    Dad35 Guest

    (Georges Preddivous) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Robert A. Fink, M. D." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > I have been having trouble installing a HP Photosmart 7960 printer to
    > > my WIN2K system (see my earlier posting, which has not yet been
    > > responded to). It appears that my attempts to complete the
    > > installation are going to fail and I am going to return the unit.
    > >
    > > Does anyone here recommend a substitute machine? I am looking for a
    > > "prosumer" printer with which to print high-resolution digital
    > > pictures up to 8 x 10 inches in size (but also able to easily print 4
    > > x 6 and 5 x 7 prints, as well).
    > >
    > > The Canon and Epson machines seem decent, but what are the advantages
    > > and disadvantages of each? My price range is up to about $300.00
    > > (US).
    > >

    > > Many thanks,
    > >
    > > Bob
    > >
    > > Robert A. Fink, M. D., FACS, P. C.
    > > Neurological Surgery
    > > 2500 Milvia Street Suite 222
    > > Berkeley, CA 94704-2636 USA
    > > 510-849-2555
    > >
    > > "Ex Tristitia Virtus"

    > Salutations Doctor Fink. If you really want to improve the quality of
    > your photo prints, your choice of a printer would only be a very small
    > variable in the ultimate solution. The best thing you can do is go and
    > buy a high end digital camera like the Sigma SD10. This camera uses
    > the Foveon image sensor, which is the only sensor to record images in
    > 3 colour layers like film. All other digital camera manufacturers use
    > highly outdated dinosaur sensor technology which records the images in
    > monochrome, and then guesses at the real colours later.

    C'mon, Georges. None of us are taking notes. Oh--and just see how the
    Foveon has swept the industry!
    Dad35, Aug 16, 2004