Re: phone handset frustration

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred, Mar 2, 2010.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    news:xYXin.10616$...
    > What sort of thinking brought about phones that are meant to stand on
    > their ends, rather than the previously common but now virtually
    > unobtainable lay-down type?
    > The current upright style is awkward to use - junk design!

    I've never seen a phone that you can't just lie down.

    Fred, Mar 2, 2010

  2. Fred

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:49:41 +1300, Fred wrote:

    > "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    >> What sort of thinking brought about phones that are meant to stand on
    >> their ends, rather than the previously common but now virtually
    >> unobtainable lay-down type?
    >> The current upright style is awkward to use - junk design!
    >>

    > I've never seen a phone that you can't just lie down.

    Made of Bakelite, I presume?

    I'll bet they still have gas street lamps outside your house and a bloke
    with a pole comes round and lights them every evening at dusk.

    --
    "The whole purpose of setting up Guantanamo Bay is for torture. Why do
    this? Because you want to escape the rule of law.... Guantanamo and the

    Aardvark, Mar 2, 2010

  3. "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > Aardvark wrote:
    >

    >> Made of Bakelite, I presume?

    Mmm, Bakelite

    >> I'll bet they still have gas street lamps outside your house and a bloke
    >> with a pole comes round and lights them every evening at dusk.
    >>

    > I like technology, and good design. You miss the point completely.
    >
    > Consume - be silent - die.

    Any charity shops or anything near you?
    I got a cheap second hand older style handset from there.

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 5, 2010