Re: Phone Booth spoiler on the cover!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Phil7101, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Phil7101

    Phil7101 Guest

    >What about the cover is a spoiler? The cover I saw showed the three
    >leads. The publicity for the movie made no attempt to hide the identity
    >of the three actors on the cover or their roles in the film.

    Yes, but...SPOILER SPACE:

    Keifer Sutherland does not physically appear until the last two minutes of the
    film, at which point it's been made to look like he's been killed, and the
    final twist of the movie is that he lives to do the same phone call again with
    someone else. By showing his face on the cover, they're letting you know that
    he's actually going to be seen in the movie, so it's going to be in the back of
    your mind that he is going to show up at some point, and the "surprise" won't
    work. He wasn't shown in the theatrical trailer or on the poster, I guess for
    the rental market they consider it more important to show his face and get "24"
    fans interested.
    Phil7101, Jul 4, 2003

  2. Jesus H. Christ.

    Kiefer Sutherland is in the fucking movie. His picture's on the cover
    of the box.

    If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
    Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are FUCKING
    INSANE.

    I'm sorry, I just had to respond.

    John Harkness

    John Harkness, Jul 4, 2003

  3. "John Harkness" <> wrote in message
    > Jesus H. Christ.
    >
    > Kiefer Sutherland is in the fucking movie. His picture's on the cover
    > of the box.
    >
    > If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
    > Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are FUCKING
    > INSANE.
    >
    > I'm sorry, I just had to respond.

    You should be, since you had to respond like a complete jackass. Have you
    seen the movie? There IS a question as to whether or not the sniper is
    going to actually make an appearance in the movie and since the screenshots
    of Kiefer on the box account for the ONE scene he shows up in in the entire
    movie, your comment is even more inane. Kiefer's VOICE is the third lead.
    He is physically in the movie for maybe not even 1 minute.
    Brandon Fisher, Jul 4, 2003
  4. On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:27:10 GMT, "Brandon Fisher"
    <> wrote:

    >"John Harkness" <> wrote in message
    >> Jesus H. Christ.
    >>
    >> Kiefer Sutherland is in the fucking movie. His picture's on the cover
    >> of the box.
    >>
    >> If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
    >> Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are FUCKING
    >> INSANE.
    >>
    >> I'm sorry, I just had to respond.

    >You should be, since you had to respond like a complete jackass. Have you
    >seen the movie? There IS a question as to whether or not the sniper is
    >going to actually make an appearance in the movie and since the screenshots
    >of Kiefer on the box account for the ONE scene he shows up in in the entire
    >movie, your comment is even more inane. Kiefer's VOICE is the third lead.
    >He is physically in the movie for maybe not even 1 minute.

    I've seen it. Standard twist ending. You can see it coming, oh, a mile
    and a half off.

    John Harkness
    John Harkness, Jul 4, 2003
  5. Phil7101

    Phil7101 Guest

    >Jesus H. Christ.
    >
    >Kiefer Sutherland is in the fucking movie. His picture's on the cover
    >of the box.
    >
    >If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
    >Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are FUCKING
    >INSANE.
    >
    >I'm sorry, I just had to respond.
    >
    >John Harkness

    Your dignity has turned up at the Lost & Found. Please pick it up asap, thanks.
    Phil7101, Jul 5, 2003