Re: Permissions on Profiles Folder

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Laura A. Robinson, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. circa Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:09:20 +1000, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Testy ()
    said,
    > I am reviewing NTFS permissions on the folder that contains our roaming
    > profiles. Can anyone suggest the best practice for achieving:
    > A. Users only have access to their own profiles
    > B. Domain admins have full access to all profiles
    > Maybe you can check the attached screenshot to see if this is correct.
    > Many thanks to all

    Do *not* allow Everyone full control to the parent folder; it allows
    them to delete anything in that folder, even items to which they have
    been explicitly denied permissions. Search Microsoft's site for
    "Folder delete child" (IIRC) and you will find more information on
    this.

    Laura
    --
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    -Groucho Marx

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 17, 2003