Re: Perl script to identify corrupt mbox messages?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Tuxedo, Jun 17, 2007.

  1. Tuxedo

    Tuxedo Guest

    Tuxedo wrote:

    > Petr Vileta wrote:
    >
    > > Tuxedo wrote:
    > > Waht my Tbird2OE? Helped you? I want to know the result ;-)
    > >

    > Sorry, but unfortunately I did not get a chance to test your program,

    Correction to above, I've now tested Tbird2OE with the following result:

    All messages which existed in the mbox format were succesfully imported
    into Outlook Express. In thereafter importing and converting the Outlook
    (eml) files back into the combined Mozilla mbox format, all messages were
    restored and show up in the newly created Mozilla index. In other words,
    Tbird2OE effectively repaired the mbox and circumvented whatever problem
    Mozilla, Seamonkey and Thunderbird has to parse an mbox containing certain
    buggy messages, or perhaps inconsistencies in how they were separated.

    Thank's a ton Petr for fixing the problem! I wish you all the best with
    your application, even if my particular purpose is not exactly what
    Tbird2OE was designed for.

    Tuxedo, Jun 17, 2007