Re: Pentax Optio: Sharpness

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Form@C, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Form@C

    Form@C Guest

    "BusyBee" <> wrote in
    news:BWeRa.1572$:

    > Just bought this camera and have noticed that if Sharpness is left at
    > the default setting it results in a picture which is not sharp!
    > The user can change the Sharpness setting to produce a better picture
    > but it will not retain the setting in Pict mode...I suspect a firmware
    > bug. I have been told by the shop that there is a firmware upgrade for
    > this...can anyone please give me a link to this as it is not on the
    > Pentax site.? Mni tnx

    Updates at:
    http://www.pentax.com/digitalupdate/

    I hadn't spotted this as I very rarely use PICT on my 330GS! I don't
    think the updates fix this though.

    --
    Mick
    http://www.nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini info.

    Form@C, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Form@C

    BusyBee Guest

    Re: Pentax Optio: Sharpness...Tnx Mick...

    Tnx for the link Mick but no firmware update...to save me setting Sharpness
    every time I power up I will use the Program mode...hope Pentax will
    produce an update to cure this little problem.

    BusyBee, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Re: Pentax Optio: Sharpness...Tnx Mick...

    How 'bout setting the sharpness in MEMORY, then using the USER setting
    every time. Won't that do it?

    RR

    Ralph O'Rourke, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Form@C

    BusyBee Guest

    Re: Pentax Optio: Sharpness...Tnx Mick...

    You are quite right Ralph but...Pict offers me scene modes and I wanted to
    use them now and again...you know it's true that the more bells and whistles
    the more obstructions there are to taking a simple snapshot!

    BusyBee, Jul 17, 2003