Re: PC Company and Farmers

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Andrew, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    last i heard farmers had returned all thier stock, Took alot of effort, and
    now i see they are selling Hyundai comps (latest snailmail out)

    Andrew, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Andrew

    XPD Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > last i heard farmers had returned all thier stock, Took alot of effort,

    and
    > now i see they are selling Hyundai comps (latest snailmail out)
    > "Julian Visch" <> wrote in message
    > > I see Farmers are still selling their machines and also having them as a
    > > prize in one of their competitions, I wonder who will fix it if it goes
    > > wrong?

    Yeah theyve been selling Hyundai systems for quite a while now... seem like
    decent systems EXCEPT theyre let down in the gfx dept... decent spec AMD
    CPUs with TNT2 cards ???? That was awhile ago tho.. I have been told that
    they now supply GF2MX cards instead.... ;)

    XPD, Sep 25, 2003

  3. XPD wrote:
    > "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    >> last i heard farmers had returned all thier stock, Took alot of
    >> effort, and now i see they are selling Hyundai comps (latest
    >> snailmail out) "Julian Visch" <> wrote in message
    >>> I see Farmers are still selling their machines and also having them
    >>> as a prize in one of their competitions, I wonder who will fix it
    >>> if it goes wrong?

    > Yeah theyve been selling Hyundai systems for quite a while now...
    > seem like decent systems EXCEPT theyre let down in the gfx dept...
    > decent spec AMD CPUs with TNT2 cards ???? That was awhile ago tho..
    > I have been told that they now supply GF2MX cards instead.... ;)

    Their rule of thumb seems to be.. everything that they print in the
    catalogue (RAM, HDD, CD-ROM drives etc) should be nice spec so that it
    sounds good. Everything that they don't print (Powersupply, motherboard,
    video card) is utter shite. Same for Dick Smiths.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Andrew

    Lebowski Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    > > "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > >> last i heard farmers had returned all thier stock, Took alot of
    > >> effort, and now i see they are selling Hyundai comps (latest
    > >> snailmail out) "Julian Visch" <> wrote in message

    > > Yeah theyve been selling Hyundai systems for quite a while now...
    > > seem like decent systems EXCEPT theyre let down in the gfx dept...
    > > decent spec AMD CPUs with TNT2 cards ???? That was awhile ago tho..
    > > I have been told that they now supply GF2MX cards instead.... ;)

    > Their rule of thumb seems to be.. everything that they print in the
    > catalogue (RAM, HDD, CD-ROM drives etc) should be nice spec so that it
    > sounds good. Everything that they don't print (Powersupply, motherboard,
    > video card) is utter shite. Same for Dick Smiths.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    I once saw in the glossy Farmers' junkmail, an ad for a Hyundai
    pc...boasting a "2200ghz" processor - I kid you not!!!!! I tell you, these
    guys are on the cutting edge!!!! :)))

    Lebowski, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Andrew

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Lebowski" wrote
    > I once saw in the glossy Farmers' junkmail, an ad for a Hyundai
    > pc...boasting a "2200ghz" processor - I kid you not!!!!! I tell you, these
    > guys are on the cutting edge!!!! :)))

    Aside from Gaming(?)... what does a farmer need that sort of processing
    power for?
    I cant think of anything.

    T.N.O., Sep 28, 2003
  6. Andrew

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Lebowski" wrote
    > After all, do you primarily associate the name Hyundai
    > with computers....or automobiles?

    Cell phones actually.

    > One does a "double-take" when you see that
    > particular brandname on a computer, let alone seeing the (intentional?)
    > mis-print on the junkmail ad. It's about as odd as seeing Holden beach
    > towels, and the like!!!

    Yeah I do find that really quite odd.

    T.N.O., Sep 29, 2003
  7. Andrew

    Lebowski Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "Lebowski" wrote
    > > I once saw in the glossy Farmers' junkmail, an ad for a Hyundai
    > > pc...boasting a "2200ghz" processor - I kid you not!!!!! I tell you,

    these
    > > guys are on the cutting edge!!!! :)))

    > Aside from Gaming(?)... what does a farmer need that sort of processing
    > power for?
    > I cant think of anything.

    Maybe Hyundai are heading into the tractor market! Move over,
    Massey-Ferguson :)) After all, do you primarily associate the name Hyundai
    with computers....or automobiles? One does a "double-take" when you see that

    Lebowski, Sep 29, 2003
  8. Andrew

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <bl867m$8sqhe$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > "Lebowski" wrote
    > > After all, do you primarily associate the name Hyundai
    > > with computers....or automobiles?

    > Cell phones actually.

    Big boats. The biggest boats in the world.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Sep 29, 2003