Re: PB Laptop/Notebook won't start

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Apr 16, 2009.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:12:33 +0100, "Andy Morrison"
    <> wrote:

    >My Grandaughter has a Packard Bell Easynote E2560 which fails to start up
    >over the past couple of days. When plugged into the mains the small green
    >led on the charging unit lights but no lights show on the laptop at all &
    >obviously with no power it won't boot at all. I'd be obliged for any help on
    >this problem.

    Do you have a voltmeter? Could be a few different things - battery,
    power supply inside laptop, power supply (the one with the green
    light), etc. Just because the light is green doesn't mean the charger
    is working properly. Short of a voltmeter, you may want to go to a
    local computer shop and see what you can find out there - easiest fix
    may be a new AC adapter. Go and see if they'll let you try one. If you
    plug it in and it works, you know it's the AC charger. It's probably
    not the battery, as likely a laptop should run without a battery
    (depends on the model, but every one I've seen does)..
    Evan Platt, Apr 16, 2009