Re: Passwording Files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Steve, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    "kerplunkuk" <> wrote in message
    news:be5dth$850$...
    > Is there a utility freeware if possible to password the opening of files

    and
    > password the deleting. I want to protect some files from deletion, and
    > others from the kids.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --

    If you've got XP, you can set up separate accounts for each user. Password
    protect your own account and make your My Documents folder private whilst
    making your kids My Documents folders shareable. This way my kids can't read
    the files in my My Documents folder (at least not in Windows), whilst I can
    see the files in their My Documents folders.
    Steve, Jul 5, 2003