    Thanks for the info - if i was to remove the battery, would this mean i
    (may) need to reload the o/s? I don't fancy that - as it's the oem crap
    version!
    Picker, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Picker

    ady Guest

    "Picker" <patriciabaylis@marches"light".fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:capve2$a48$...
    > Thanks for the info - if i was to remove the battery, would this mean i
    > (may) need to reload the o/s? I don't fancy that - as it's the oem crap
    > version!

    Not at all
    ady, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Picker

    Global_Killa Guest

    > Thanks for the info - if i was to remove the battery, would this mean i
    > (may) need to reload the o/s? I don't fancy that - as it's the oem crap
    > version!

    No, everything will still be there. Your date and time will be reset though,
    and possibly any settings in the BIOS.

    You might have to take the battery out for about a minute for the BIOS
    settings to reset, not only a few seconds.

    Happened to me yesterday, unplugged the power and took off the case. When I
    plugged everything back in and turned the power on, it came up telling me
    that the battery had gone and when Windows booted the date and time where
    reset.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk