Re: Passing VoIP through another router.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by tony sayer, Dec 30, 2012.

  1. tony sayer

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, Neil
    <> scribeth thus
    >I have a Draytek Vigor 2800VG router on which I had the VoIP ports working
    >fine. But, because the Vigor was frequently dropping the ADSL connection, I
    >replaced it with a Plusnet-provided Thompson TG585 v8 router (no disconnects
    >now).
    >I now have the Vigor set up and working fine as a switch behind the
    >Thompson.
    >But, I am really missing the VoIP functions of the Vigor - Is there some way
    >I can set up the Vigor so that the VoIP ports work through the Thompson
    >router?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Neil

    If your on a poor line there are some versions of the firmware that work
    better than others..

    Also...

    We have used VoIP adapters such as the Linksys box around 30 odd quid
    works very well, and or use a proper VoIP fone they work very well
    without having to alter anything on your ADSL unit!...

    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Dec 30, 2012