RE: Passing score 70-210

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=, May 18, 2004.

  1. I sent an e-mail to mcp-help the following is the reply i recieved, the news group postings sound crazy to me. my 70-21
    score report said passing score 700 2weeks ago

    Thank you for your e-mail regarding passing scores

    We understand your concerns in this matter. There is truth to your inquiry
    however, by the end of September, 2003, most exams, not all, will have the ne
    score report format which includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worke
    with customers and testing industry experts to create an exam scale that woul
    be consistent across all exams. The new scale requires a minimum passing scor
    of 700 on all exams. Customers will also be provided with a bar graph for eac
    skills section of the exam. The length of the bar indicates how strong th
    examinee performed for each skills section of the exam. These results will hel
    all examinees determine areas where they have strengths and areas where the
    need improvement. The skills sections listed on the score report correspond t
    those listed in the skills matrix provided in the Exam Preparation guide

    While MCP exams will now provide feedback on areas where examinees nee
    development, MCP exams are not designed to provide detailed feedback. Microsof
    encourages candidates to use practice tests from Microsoft Certified Practic
    Test Providers (PTPs) as diagnostic tools to identify strengths and weaknesse
    before attempting MCP exam

    If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you fo
    contacting Microsoft

    Vincen

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincer
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=, May 18, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=" <> wrote in

    > I sent an e-mail to mcp-help the following is the reply i recieved,
    > the news group postings sound crazy to me. my 70-210 score report said
    > passing score 700 2weeks ago.

    what exactly sounded crazy?

    > While MCP exams will now provide feedback on areas where examinees need
    > development, MCP exams are not designed to provide detailed feedback.

    this is the most important improvment to MS's testing in quiet some time
    IMHO. The pass/fail system gave absolutely no feedback and while these
    tests should not give too much feedback to keep exams secure, the new
    format at least shows areas for improvement

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 19, 2004