Re: Passing A+ with the book alone

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Barry Watzman, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Oh yes, lots of us have used the book alone and passed. But probably
    most who pass with home study have significant previous knowledge and/or
    experience.

    Barry Watzman, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Barry Watzman

    Jane Lee Guest

    Hello,

    In my opinion getting certified is no big deal. there are lots of dump
    available. I recently heard a 12-year-old boy passed the certification
    in Pakistan. So you are no different than him.

    Its Knowledge which counts and only passing the certification by
    memorizing the answers won't help as you do not gain real knowledge. I
    am not criticizing you but you should consider following points.

    1. How long can you fool any body with a piece of paper
    (certification) who is paying you for your work?
    2. More importantly, how long can you fool yourself?

    Jane

    Jane Lee, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Barry Watzman

    MaioCampo Guest

    > Not necessarily. I never touched a server or any other network equipment.
    > have no pro experience. I primarily use computers for leisure and the
    > Internet. I'm just very determined. A guy at IKON told me, "You'll never
    > pass if you don't take the course". I wanted to prove him wrong. You can
    > imagine how red his face was when I went back with my cert in hand. :)

    Just sat the test today... 933 on OS and 785 on Hardware. Still scratchin'
    my head on that one... I have a pretty good hardware background... and I
    thought I was pretty shaky on OS. Heh, heh.

    Anyway, I just basically used Mike Meyers' All In One and freebie practice
    tests... and really tried hard to understand my own limitations and study up
    on those weaknesses extra hard. The test is over... and hopefully I'll be
    able to get better shots at jobs now to pay for more certs... I still have
    lots of learning to do.

    Special thanks to Renee... the advice given to my "What else can I do?"
    question helped a lot as well.
    MaioCampo, Aug 5, 2003