Re: Passed OS

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by H H, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. H H

    H H Guest

    Congratulations!
    I take my OS test Monday. Any tips?
    "Glenn (SBfan2000)" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Passed the OS Fri. with a 728! Now Certified, Thanks to those who took

    time

    H H, Nov 22, 2003

  2. > Know alittle bit about navigation in Windows XP! Even though I

    specifically
    > signed up for the 2001 objectives there were about 10 questions about XP!
    > It kind of pissed me off because I havn't had much experience with XP, and

    > suspect that I missed just about every XP question! Know alittle about

    its
    > navigation and how it set up Network connections (especially internet
    > connections)
    >
    > Know windows98 and 2000 and how they connect to the internet and about the
    > services, protocols, adapters, and clients that the use! (I.E. WINS, DNS,
    > TCP/IP, NetBeui, DHCP, Client for MS networks) Also know alot about File
    > Sharing and how to troubleshoot problems with networks!
    >
    > BIGGEST OF ALL, know the boot files for windows 9x, 2000 and what they
    > contain, and what they do! ALot of Questions about Boot.ini and NTloader,
    > not to mention config and autoexec! Also several questions on the

    registry,
    > how to fix, and back it up!
    >
    > Also, don't hesitate to read the question more than once, I noticed some

    of
    > the questions will ask how to do some in the GUI and one or more of the
    > selects are the proper way of doing it in DOS but they specifically want
    > only GUI answers! One great example comes from the practice tests I took!
    > (I had a simular question on the exam) was "what GUI programs we use to

    edit
    > text files"! They wanted two answers but the selections included three
    > correct choices but one was Edit.com which is a dos command so its not a
    > correct choice!

    Thanks for the tips man.. I'm trying the OS part too on the this thuesday.
    I focused my studying on win2k.. I hope I'm ok doing this. I have a lot of
    experience in Win9x(And I mean a lot), and dos too.

    My question is, did you received many question on Windows NT? My brain is
    like that, when I'm learning more, I'm forgeting more, so I wanna focus more
    on Win2k than WinNT.. I hope I'm ok doing that!

    Bizoune Bizoune, Nov 23, 2003